rFR - rFactor Racers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
rFR - rFactor Racers

Formula 1 Sim Racing League

- ANTONIO HRELJANOVIC is the new rFR Grand Prix series World Champion! - SEXY PET SHARK, with Antonio Hreljanovic and Gustavo Montenegro as drivers, has won the Constructors Title! -
Server Status

Latest topics

» Hello first simracing league that i participated in
by Ariff 29th March 2020, 7:15 pm

» rFR GP S16 - Championship Standings
by Sexy Brigadeiro 20th May 2019, 1:41 am

» rFR S16 - Rd. 10 - SEASON FINALE - Abu Dhabi Grand Prix - Penalties
by Blackfox 19th May 2019, 11:59 pm

» rFR S16 - Rd. 10 - SEASON FINALE - Abu Dhabi Grand Prix - Incidents
by Blackfox 19th May 2019, 11:57 pm

» rFR GP S16 - 10 - Official RESULTS - Abu Dhabi GP (Yas Marina)
by Sexy Brigadeiro 19th May 2019, 7:14 pm

Discord Channel
Please, DONATE! =)
Visitors

Find us also on...
01 - China GP (Shanghai) - Penalties Vc7ltro601 - China GP (Shanghai) - Penalties Gpefnxkg

You are not connected. Please login or register

01 - China GP (Shanghai) - Penalties

+3
Adrian S Shole
deadfish
Blackfox
7 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

101 - China GP (Shanghai) - Penalties Empty 01 - China GP (Shanghai) - Penalties 20th May 2014, 10:00 pm

Blackfox

Blackfox
LAT
LAT

BlackFox - Drivethru (Collision against Alaster at start) 2 penalty points.

Alex Hill - Stop&Go (Lap 2 last turn collision against Lau. Caused DNF) 3 penalty points

Deadfish - Stop&Go (Lap 14 T1 Collision against Cueball, causing front wing loss) 3 penalty points

deadfish

deadfish

So do I serve the stop and go next race or is it added to my race result? Thanks.

Blackfox

Blackfox
LAT
LAT

added to results.

Adrian S Shole

Adrian S Shole

Blackfox wrote:Alex Hill - Stop&Go (Lap 2 last turn collision against Lau. Caused DNF) 3 penalty points
Obviously I respect the decision, but that's a harsh penalty isn't it? It seemed like racing incident.

From what I saw, Alex didn't really do anything wrong. He went a little wide, but because they were side-by-side going into the corner, from what I understand, the driver who wants to overtake around the outside has to either give room to the car on the inside or yield (see Hamilton vs Rosberg or Vettel vs Ricciardo in Bahrain 2014, where Rosberg and Ricciardo went wide to avoid a collision, and also see Raikkonen vs Hamilton, Japan 2012 where Raikkonen - the driver on the outside - avoided a collision). It's not like Alex dived down the inside and ran into the side of lau like Grosjean vs Webber, Japan 2012. Further, the mod bug caused lau's car to go flying in the air, not Alex's driving. And finally, Alex didn't press lau's escape key, so how can Alex be blamed for his DNF?

It's definitely not lau's fault, but I don't think it's Alex's either.

Adrian S Shole

Adrian S Shole

Actually after watching the replay again, it looked identical to Hamilton vs Massa in India 2011...

Juan Caires

Juan Caires

Adrian S Shole wrote:
Blackfox wrote:Alex Hill - Stop&Go (Lap 2 last turn collision against Lau. Caused DNF) 3 penalty points
Obviously I respect the decision, but that's a harsh penalty isn't it? It seemed like racing incident.

From what I saw, Alex didn't really do anything wrong. He went a little wide, but because they were side-by-side going into the corner, from what I understand, the driver who wants to overtake around the outside has to either give room to the car on the inside or yield (see Hamilton vs Rosberg or Vettel vs Ricciardo in Bahrain 2014, where Rosberg and Ricciardo went wide to avoid a collision, and also see Raikkonen vs Hamilton, Japan 2012 where Raikkonen - the driver on the outside - avoided a collision). It's not like Alex dived down the inside and ran into the side of lau like Grosjean vs Webber, Japan 2012. Further, the mod bug caused lau's car to go flying in the air, not Alex's driving. And finally, Alex didn't press lau's escape key, so how can Alex be blamed for his DNF?

+1

JURE PAZIN(CRO)

JURE PAZIN(CRO)

Adrian S Shole wrote:

I agree with you Adrian

wez19

wez19

were do i find the updated results section ? also how do my begginer point get added? thanks

Alex Hill

Alex Hill

Im sorry for the bump, was on a holiday last week.. PQP..SG and 3 points penalty is very harsh innit  we were side by side before the turn and i got the inside line so i stick on the inside ,so could any of the stewards points out what did i do wrong that i got this penalty in that incident? ) so i can learn

1001 - China GP (Shanghai) - Penalties Empty Re: 01 - China GP (Shanghai) - Penalties 31st May 2014, 10:09 pm

Official Race Results (after penalties) here:

http://www.rfactor-racers.com/t1126-01-china-gp-results#24102

Alterations:
- Alex Hill loses 3 places, from 4th to 7th
- Joe McLaggen earns 1 place, from 5th to 4th
- Giorgos earns 1 place, from 6th to 5th
- Wes earns 2 places, from 8th to 6th
- Deadfish loses 4 places, from 7th to 11th
- Sven earns 1 place, from 9th to 8th
- Marius earns 1 place, from 10th to 9th
- Alaster earns 1 place, from 11th to 10th

Sponsored content