rFR - rFactor Racers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
rFR - rFactor Racers

Formula 1 Sim Racing League

- ANTONIO HRELJANOVIC is the new rFR Grand Prix series World Champion! - SEXY PET SHARK, with Antonio Hreljanovic and Gustavo Montenegro as drivers, has won the Constructors Title! -
Server Status

Latest topics

» Hello first simracing league that i participated in
by Ariff 29th March 2020, 7:15 pm

» rFR GP S16 - Championship Standings
by Sexy Brigadeiro 20th May 2019, 1:41 am

» rFR S16 - Rd. 10 - SEASON FINALE - Abu Dhabi Grand Prix - Penalties
by Blackfox 19th May 2019, 11:59 pm

» rFR S16 - Rd. 10 - SEASON FINALE - Abu Dhabi Grand Prix - Incidents
by Blackfox 19th May 2019, 11:57 pm

» rFR GP S16 - 10 - Official RESULTS - Abu Dhabi GP (Yas Marina)
by Sexy Brigadeiro 19th May 2019, 7:14 pm

Discord Channel
Please, DONATE! =)
Visitors

Find us also on...
12 - Malaysia GP (Sepang) - Penalties Vc7ltro612 - Malaysia GP (Sepang) - Penalties Gpefnxkg

You are not connected. Please login or register

12 - Malaysia GP (Sepang) - Penalties

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

112 - Malaysia GP (Sepang) - Penalties Empty 12 - Malaysia GP (Sepang) - Penalties 26th August 2014, 7:21 pm

Blackfox

Blackfox
LAT
LAT

Richard Allen - Start's next race back from the grid
Rule about chatting during a race is so obvious.
It's been told before every race.
Everyone knows this!!!!!

Lap 9 Crystakke vs. Lau Pit collision No Penalty
After watching replay few times and reading both drivers comments
made conclusion that it was a race incident!!!!!

212 - Malaysia GP (Sepang) - Penalties Empty Re: 12 - Malaysia GP (Sepang) - Penalties 27th August 2014, 12:14 am

ChardAllen

ChardAllen

No Chat is only mentioned before qualifying, from the few races I've attended. Maybe this should be addressed.

I have no problem with taking the penalty.

I would like to mention for the reference, that if receiving chat while in car chat can be switched off.

Code:
//*MULTIPLAYER.INI*\\

Allow Chat In Car="1" // whether to allow incoming chats to appear while in car

312 - Malaysia GP (Sepang) - Penalties Empty Re: 12 - Malaysia GP (Sepang) - Penalties 27th August 2014, 12:56 am

It is in the Rule book. Anyone racing should (supposedly) have read this whole document. Perhaps it does need to made more clear, but the assumption is everyone knows from having read the rules.

Section 7. League race weekend
RACE

Chatting is strictly forbidden until all drivers have finished the race. Drivers may chat to each other using the /w name message command. Communications may however be made by the LAT. Chatting will be penalised. Any driver who does not stop chatting may be kicked from the race and penalised further.

You're right that chats can be turned off in the car, but then guys would miss /w messages either from teammates or from the admins.
I understand your messages were to aid lapping cars, but in real f1 they don't message the driver, they just pull over or slow down.

412 - Malaysia GP (Sepang) - Penalties Empty Re: 12 - Malaysia GP (Sepang) - Penalties 27th August 2014, 1:48 am

ChardAllen

ChardAllen

I thought I'd try using the chat as after my first race (Germany) there was an issue from a lapping car hitting me. So I thought I'd give this a go, as I've seen it in other sim games. I felt it was innocent enough, and I didn't think it would illicit this kind of response.

512 - Malaysia GP (Sepang) - Penalties Empty Re: 12 - Malaysia GP (Sepang) - Penalties 27th August 2014, 2:59 am

Try not to worry too much, Richard and sorry if we are looking a little bit too 'hard' on you, but as the other admins already mentioned, it's in the rule book and we assume everyone actually READ it, since this is one of the main requirements for new drivers to join the league (actually reading the whole rule book), BUT... the stewards decision about it was also because we had 'incidents' with some drivers chatting (repeatedly) before during a race and one of them even got kicked from the race for doing that and annoying the other drivers (I guess it was Michal at San Marino in season 1), so... you're getting a 'start from the back of the grid' penalty, which doesn't change your Malaysia result (and points) and I believe it's not that bad if we compare both issues (yours and Michal's)...
Razz

Official race results (after penalties), here:

http://www.rfactor-racers.com/t1203-12-malaysia-gp-results#25328

Alterations:

- NONE

PENALTIES STILL TO BE SERVED:

- cueballUK: 3 places grid drop
- Richard Allen: start from the back of the grid

P.S. Championship Stadings (updated after Malaysia penalties) here:

http://www.rfactor-racers.com/t1138-championship-standings-season-6#25333

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]