rFR - rFactor Racers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
rFR - rFactor Racers

Formula 1 Sim Racing League

- ANTONIO HRELJANOVIC is the new rFR Grand Prix series World Champion! - SEXY PET SHARK, with Antonio Hreljanovic and Gustavo Montenegro as drivers, has won the Constructors Title! -
Server Status

Latest topics

» Hello first simracing league that i participated in
by Ariff 29th March 2020, 7:15 pm

» rFR GP S16 - Championship Standings
by Sexy Brigadeiro 20th May 2019, 1:41 am

» rFR S16 - Rd. 10 - SEASON FINALE - Abu Dhabi Grand Prix - Penalties
by Blackfox 19th May 2019, 11:59 pm

» rFR S16 - Rd. 10 - SEASON FINALE - Abu Dhabi Grand Prix - Incidents
by Blackfox 19th May 2019, 11:57 pm

» rFR GP S16 - 10 - Official RESULTS - Abu Dhabi GP (Yas Marina)
by Sexy Brigadeiro 19th May 2019, 7:14 pm

Discord Channel
Please, DONATE! =)
Visitors

Find us also on...
ANNOUNCEMENT: USA track limits! Vc7ltro6ANNOUNCEMENT: USA track limits! Gpefnxkg

You are not connected. Please login or register

ANNOUNCEMENT: USA track limits!

+2
DromEd
Sven
6 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1ANNOUNCEMENT: USA track limits! Empty ANNOUNCEMENT: USA track limits! 10th May 2015, 10:35 pm

Sven

Sven
League Director
League Director

We will allow to take T7 (corner before backstraight in S2) wide until the beginning of the grass. You dont gain time with that.

Every other corners will be checked for cuts strictly!

Here is one possible line for T7:

ANNOUNCEMENT: USA track limits! D5a2b37f_o
ANNOUNCEMENT: USA track limits! 403d8de1_o
ANNOUNCEMENT: USA track limits! 186b5b9d_o
ANNOUNCEMENT: USA track limits! 11c81ad8_o
ANNOUNCEMENT: USA track limits! 76abfecb_o
ANNOUNCEMENT: USA track limits! 82dfc495_o
ANNOUNCEMENT: USA track limits! 89343c27_o

See you at the GP next sunday! Smile

http://www.rfactor-racers.com

2ANNOUNCEMENT: USA track limits! Empty Re: ANNOUNCEMENT: USA track limits! 11th May 2015, 4:07 pm

DromEd

DromEd

We had a private discussion and I still don't agree with that limit. I can win half a second with such thing. Respect the damn limits guys, that's not good !

3ANNOUNCEMENT: USA track limits! Empty Re: ANNOUNCEMENT: USA track limits! 11th May 2015, 6:46 pm

I totally agree with DromEd and I think it's unnecessary to allow going wide in that corner (as if it was 'impossible' to take it inside the white lines) - it doesn't even matter if we gain time or not. It's a shame that our drivers just 'can't' take that corner properly, that we have to 'change the rules' because of that - I can take that corner inside the white lines easily and so I did in all of my practice sessions - it's a 'surprise' to me that we 'need' to allow people to go wide there, but whatever...

4ANNOUNCEMENT: USA track limits! Empty Re: ANNOUNCEMENT: USA track limits! 11th May 2015, 8:33 pm

Sven

Sven
League Director
League Director

It really is an exception, but we also handled some sitiations like that before, like Hockenheim and Austria T1.

5ANNOUNCEMENT: USA track limits! Empty Re: ANNOUNCEMENT: USA track limits! 11th May 2015, 9:06 pm

But this one is the most unnecessary of them all...

Anyway...

If it's already decided, then be it - but I still disagree about it and think it's totally unnecessary.

6ANNOUNCEMENT: USA track limits! Empty Re: ANNOUNCEMENT: USA track limits! 11th May 2015, 9:28 pm

Arek

Arek
LAT
LAT

I agree 100% with Sexy and our rookie. Now we look like a bunch of noobs having situations like that  Shocked

7ANNOUNCEMENT: USA track limits! Empty Re: ANNOUNCEMENT: USA track limits! 11th May 2015, 10:10 pm

DromEd

DromEd

I'm sorry Sven, but if the drivers cannot respect tracks limits (nevermind if it make them win/loose time or not), they have nothing to do in a sim like rFactor.. I repeat what i told you on the server, i'm not gonna take part of the champ if it's an "usual thing" to allow such crazy corners cuts.

8ANNOUNCEMENT: USA track limits! Empty Re: ANNOUNCEMENT: USA track limits! 12th May 2015, 12:21 am

ax-89

ax-89

While I agree completely with what DromEd and the others said, as told by Sexy Brigadeiro I will respect decisions within LAT, but this doesn't mean I agree with this one, not at least this time.

9ANNOUNCEMENT: USA track limits! Empty Re: ANNOUNCEMENT: USA track limits! 12th May 2015, 2:24 am

Juan Caires

Juan Caires

The problem is that is too easy to going wide on that corner, so they allow it instead of checking 15-20 replays for cuts. Beside it I don't think you gain much time going wide there.

I personally agree with DromEd: "...but if the drivers cannot respect tracks limits (nevermind if it make them win/loose time or not), they have nothing to do in a sim like rFactor..."

10ANNOUNCEMENT: USA track limits! Empty Re: ANNOUNCEMENT: USA track limits! 12th May 2015, 3:11 am

I understood the reason, Juan, BUT.. I still think it's unnecessary, since going wide there is something easy to avoid.

We allowed going wide in very few situations before - I guess only 2 or 3 times in 8 seasons - but it was on corners where going wide was very hard to avoid.

As I've just said.. in this one now, it's very EASY to avoid going wide, so that's why I think this is unnecessary - but... also as I said before... if it's already decided, then be it (although I still don't agree with it)..

11ANNOUNCEMENT: USA track limits! Empty Re: ANNOUNCEMENT: USA track limits! 12th May 2015, 3:28 am

Adrian S Shole

Adrian S Shole

I didn't test running wide, it doesn't feel right to intentionally ignore the limits of the track, but I definitely believe time will be found by running wide, just not all the way to the grass.

Also, imagine the controversy in the incidents thread when a driver who respects the normal track limits gets spun from behind by someone who goes wide.

12ANNOUNCEMENT: USA track limits! Empty Re: ANNOUNCEMENT: USA track limits! 12th May 2015, 3:47 am

Adrian S Shole

Adrian S Shole

Sexy and Juan, they're just as easy to run wide as any other corner, it's just that in the corners we're talking about there is concrete on the outside, so drivers know they're safe to go wide. 

Apart from all the 'quotations', I agree with your first post Sexy. It is more a moral thing than anything else, allowing people to cheat at some tracks but not others.

If there are going to be exceptions, we may as well have made a thread allowing drivers to go wide in T1 of Monaco. Then everyone will go wide, right?
Why change the rules depending on whether there is grass, gravel, concrete or a big wall out the other side of the white line?

13ANNOUNCEMENT: USA track limits! Empty Re: ANNOUNCEMENT: USA track limits! 12th May 2015, 4:00 am

As I said before, in ALL of the very FEW times where we allowed people to go wide, or to 'cut' in some secific part of some specific track, it was because it was very HARD to avoid it...

So, to reduce the 'headache' for the drivers and stewards and to increase the 'fun' we would all have in the race, everybody agreed in 'allowing' to go 'against the rules' - and no one ever complained before.

This is the very first time where people are complaining and I guess it's for the same reason as I'm doing it: It's very EASY to avoid going wide in that specific Indy corner, so in my humble opinion, there's no need to allow people to go wide - and by doing it, it looks like we're all a bunch of noobs who are not capable of taking that corner EASILY inside the track limits...

But anyway.. just my OPINION and if it's already decided (as it seems), all of this bla bla bla is pointless anyway..
Razz

14ANNOUNCEMENT: USA track limits! Empty Re: ANNOUNCEMENT: USA track limits! 12th May 2015, 1:22 pm

Sven

Sven
League Director
League Director

We had a test race and it was all fine i think it even improves the racing and the flow of the track.

15ANNOUNCEMENT: USA track limits! Empty Re: ANNOUNCEMENT: USA track limits! 12th May 2015, 7:55 pm

Allowing cuts or running wide is not 'usual' or 'normal' in this league and we often penalize it heavily (on occasion too heavily). This is a rare case where we say 'don't worry'.

Time gained running wide here is minimal, and there is a natural limit of the grass. It is worth pointing out that anybody running wide will actually extend the length of the back straight for themselves (as the next corner is a left hander), which is another reason the time gain is minimal.

Running wide is easy here, and far too tempting, especially when racing another car, and we don't have a live steward, or the man power to check this corner after the race between 555 and 740 times (15 to 20 drivers x 37 laps).

So for that reason, we say, don't worry about the marked track.

16ANNOUNCEMENT: USA track limits! Empty Re: ANNOUNCEMENT: USA track limits! 15th May 2015, 2:44 pm

Adrian S Shole

Adrian S Shole

I did some testing. Just for reference, going wide gives just under three tenths. Smile

17ANNOUNCEMENT: USA track limits! Empty Re: ANNOUNCEMENT: USA track limits! 15th May 2015, 2:52 pm

Arek

Arek
LAT
LAT

For me 0,5s Smile

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum