rFR - rFactor Racers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
rFR - rFactor Racers

Formula 1 Sim Racing League

- ANTONIO HRELJANOVIC is the new rFR Grand Prix series World Champion! - SEXY PET SHARK, with Antonio Hreljanovic and Gustavo Montenegro as drivers, has won the Constructors Title! -
Server Status

Latest topics

» Hello first simracing league that i participated in
by Ariff 29th March 2020, 7:15 pm

» rFR GP S16 - Championship Standings
by Sexy Brigadeiro 20th May 2019, 1:41 am

» rFR S16 - Rd. 10 - SEASON FINALE - Abu Dhabi Grand Prix - Penalties
by Blackfox 19th May 2019, 11:59 pm

» rFR S16 - Rd. 10 - SEASON FINALE - Abu Dhabi Grand Prix - Incidents
by Blackfox 19th May 2019, 11:57 pm

» rFR GP S16 - 10 - Official RESULTS - Abu Dhabi GP (Yas Marina)
by Sexy Brigadeiro 19th May 2019, 7:14 pm

Discord Channel
Please, DONATE! =)
Visitors

Find us also on...
rFR Grand Prix Series S9 R05 - Mexico GP - Penalties Vc7ltro6rFR Grand Prix Series S9 R05 - Mexico GP - Penalties Gpefnxkg

You are not connected. Please login or register

rFR Grand Prix Series S9 R05 - Mexico GP - Penalties

+2
ToCGambler
Blackfox
6 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Blackfox

Blackfox
LAT
LAT

Marcel Garcia Crespo - Results from both races are DQ (Constant rf-scan issues)

ToCGambler

ToCGambler

What on earth is your problem? So, if anyone is going to read this anyways, as it seems the guy doing the penalties doesn't like to respond anyways. I still have an open appeal on penalties on Sochi btw, which has never been answered. This is an absolute joke, you should get your "support" sorted.

Oh and btw, I ask to be undisqualified, because nobody told me that there were problems with my rFactor logs until November the 1st, which was after the race. Therefore I did not know something was wrong until after the race. Although this problem is supposed be "a constant issue" as you claim, your personnel has been unable to tell me in time. Once again: I have been informed that my logs cause "constant issues" by Sexy after this race happened on November 1st and I have therefore not been able to fix it as I didn't know that there even was a problem.

You can have a look at the thread and time when I've been warned by Sexy:
http://www.rfactor-racers.com/t1628-rf_scan-log-problems-fix

Btw, after I got this warning, I knew what I had to do and applied the fix so it would work for every future race. If this penalty remains as it is, I'm gone as it cannot be more unjustified as it is atm.

Sexy Brigadeiro

Sexy Brigadeiro

Marcel, I've been warning people about their rF_Scans issues since the first race of the season, also sending them PMs - which I'm sure I sent you one a little after you joined the league and after I got your first 'unreadable' log, with all the instructions for you (and the other guys having the same issue) to fix it.

Even BEFORE the SOCHI race, I remember you saying that you DID install the fix and that it worked for you at first, but then a little later, it just 'stopped working' and you had to use your old rFactor.exe file again - and, as expected, I kept getting unreadable (uncompatible) logs from you.

I kept posting, both 'publically' and also privately to the drivers that they NEEDED to FIX the issue and most of them did it and even sent me 'test logs', so I could check if it was all ok and etc.

You never fixed yours, so after 2 or 3 races with the same issue, the stewards decided to just apply the rule, which says that drivers that does not send a valid (readable) rF_Scan log (or that don't send any log at all) will get DQed.

The rule has been always there and the stewards were VERY kind to 'let you go' in the first times.
But after me asking you and the other drivers to fix the issue a lot of times and still you didn't fix it.. well, the stewards had no other choice than to just apply the rule.

BTW, it's a very simple (and fair) rule:

To race in this league people NEED to use the anti-cheater (rF_Scan).
After each race, the drivers MUST send their (valid/readable) rF_Scan logs.
If they fail to do that, they will get DQed from those races.

Easy, simple and fair.

And you failed this rule.. many times..

The fix instructions (and the fix itself) are still there where I posted them and it's all also pretty easy and simple to do and it's 100% guaranteed that it WILL fix the problem - just use the .EXE I put there for download and when opening the rF_Scan, select the 'rFactor 1.255f' version.

About the stewards (and 'league personel') not answering your protest...
That's because they already talked about it between each other and decided to keep their decision, so there was nothing else to say about it.

I'm sorry if their decision made you upset, or if the lack of giving you an answer made you upset as well - and yes, MAYBE we can work on that 'public relations' part of our league, but still you supposedly read all the rules and said you agreed with them (and how this league works) before you joined, right?

So, anyway.. I don't want to be rude or anything, but if you or anyone else are not happy here, you're all free to leave and we can all keep being friends anyway.

At the same time, we want all of you guys to stay and just have a good time, lots of fun and great races on track - it's impossible to please everyone anyway, but we have our own rules and league model and everyone who decides to stay must follow our rules and accept how things are here - we're pretty sure we have a really nice and friendly envoirenment already and that our rules are as fair and democratic as possible - and we also accept positive criticism and always want to improve the league even more!

So, just calm down, do what you have to do about your technical issue (FIX IT!!!) and just go to track and have some fun!
Smile

https://www.youtube.com/SexyBrigadeiro

ToCGambler

ToCGambler

So, actually my intention is to stay in this league because I enjoy the racing. The thing is, I have NEVER been warned on the forum before November the 1st. I was NEVER informed that my log was unreadable in GB, Russia, Spain and Mexico. The time I told you I had problems with the fixed .exe was after 1st November, after you told me about the problems when the Mexico GP finished.
I myself however found the thread in the forum, if I remember correctly, and downloaded it because I read about the cracked version sometimes having some problems with compatability. I installed it and I didn't get any errors myself so obviously didn't know it still isn't working.

I once said I had problems with rfscan not launching my game correctly, and causing it to crash before the loading screen actually appeared. For that reason I installed the old .exe, and thought everything was fine again, since I neither got any errors, nor any PMs by you.

My point is: When you finally informed me that there was a "constant problem" with my rfscan logs, the race had happened and I couldn't do anything about it. When you told me about that constant problem, I tried hard to find the solution, and ended up finding out that it was rfDynHUD which seems to be incompatible with the rfscan-crack-.exe, at least for me. Now everything works fine for me. And I did everything right, didn't I? When you told me on the forum that I had a problem, I fixed it and you will probably see it at the end in Brazil this Sunday as I didn't participate in Korea anyways.

When you told me to "FIX IT" I fixed it. I mean, I got the official warning after Mexico, so I would completely understand if you had DSQed me in Korea if I had raced or if you will DSQ me in Brazil if for whatever reason it still shouldn't be working. But disqualify me for things I did before I was officially warned about it and finally became aware of it, is just unjustified.

Therefore, your fix didn't work 100% like you said. And yes, again, I "failed this rule.. many times..", but without being informed of that.

I love racing here, but I'm not pushing for positions, to then know 1 week later, that I was disqualified without me being aware of that problem at that time.

So yeah, I'd still ask for that disqualification to be removed as I did everything I had to when you warned me. Shouldn't be a too big issue, should it? You'll see in Brazil that I fixed the problem.

ToCGambler

ToCGambler

Btw, sent you a test log. So would appreciate if you had a look at it (the latest one, the first one I sent was a bugged one, where I got an error because I had rfDynHUD running)

Sexy Brigadeiro

Sexy Brigadeiro

Yes, I got your logs and both of them came with error messages.

In one of them, it seems you also had rF_ScanReader.exe opened and that's not necessary and may cause rF_Scan itself to not work properly.

So I need you to open rF_Scan (withOUT rF_ScanReader.exe being opened), then get on our server, take another 2 or 3 timed laps and send me a new log of this small test, so let's see if the error message is gone and rF_Scan works properly, generating a readable log.

And about the things you complained, I'm pretty SURE I sent YOU PMs about it, because I sent to other drivers as well. Sadly, I delete them from my inbox, after I get the confirmation that they were read, so I don't have how to 'prove' that to you - unless one of the other drivers who also got my PMs come forward to confirm that I sent them (righ after the GB GP).

Also it's important that you understand that all of this problem here is only to ensure everybody is playing fair and honestly and no one needs to worry about people doing something unfair or ilegal - no one is accusing you of cheating or anything. But sadly, we had cheaters on this league before and since then (but even before that) we have a very strong policy about NOT cheating (although this should be obvious anyway), so we are just trying to enforce that everyone respects that rule and do whatever has to be done - like fixing rF_Scan logs issues - and so we can al just focus on the racing and having fun parts.

You should be mad at the admins and at the league if we simply had a total disregard by our own rules, but as you can see we are VERY well organized, serious and proud of the league and envoirenment we created and all we're trying to do here is to keep it good and make it even better and better to everyone - including you - we know we're not 'perfect', but we're always trying to improve too.

And last but not least...
Yes, the rFactor.exe file I sent you DOES work 100% (in terms of compatibility with rF_Scan, generating the logs properly), because it was sent to me directly by the guy who developed rF_Scan itself, Achim Ennenbach, who also worked on the development of GameStockCar and lots of other racing simulators, games and softwares, especially on the anti-cheater 'cause'.
I have him on my Google+ account and you guys can also get in touch with him directly on the rF_Scan page:

https://plus.google.com/u/0/114627266997814756772/posts

http://www.simsync.de/e107_plugins/forum/forum_viewforum.php?81

http://www.simsync.de/user.php?id.1

Just waiting for your new log, Marcel and I hope it comes 100% free of issues and error messages and we can all just go to track and have fun!
Smile

ToCGambler

ToCGambler

Yeah, the thing with the scanreader was cuz I opened my logs to see myself whether they contain any errors or something, didn't know I should keep them shut, gonna do that the next time I send you a log then.

And about the PM, I really never received a PM from you, and I'm not lying here. I've made a screenshot of my inbox, and checked my e-mail aswell and all I could see was - once again - the thread with the fix, in which you told me to fix it AFTER Mexico.

The only conversation that took place was on the server, don't know when exactly, but must've been at the Spanish GP in some practice session, where I said that my rfscan caused my game to crash most of the times. After Russia I wasn't informed for example, so I thought the log was okay, and I think I asked your or Sven once on the server whether my logs were ok or not, and sven or you (don't know who it was exactly) said that I sent you two logs which were identical but that they were fine. Must've been at one of my first races here.

And I'm not saying that you should disregard your own rules, but rather that I knew of nothing up until the Mexican GP finished and then get disqualified for it, without any communication between me and the Steward. Yeah, of course you can take this into account for the future and improve that aspect, but that doesn't change anything for me atm. 

And that is exactly why I'm appealing, not to offend anyone, but instead to get undisqualified, because I spun 2 times on the first lap in the two races in Mexico, due to some odd collisions which luckily however only affected me meanwhile the others could still race unimpeded. Therefore I was pushing at every lap of that GP and surely not to be disqualified due to some software issue.

The thing is, I KNOW that I can fix it for Brazil because I now actually know about the problem. But before obviously I didn't know that this issue was constant and thought it was fixed after I didn't get any messages or something. If you told me after Russia or Spain, that the problem is (still [as it seemed]) there and I wouldn't have fixed it, I could understand you disqualifying me. However, I don't get the sense of disqualifying me for something I wasn't and couldn't be aware of. 

I mean you don't shoot someone and tell him afterwards that he's going to be killed, do you?

Sexy Brigadeiro

Sexy Brigadeiro

As I said before, if the problem is the PMs or you thinking you were not warned properly, so you couldn't fix the issue before..

I just control c/ control v the PMs and I sent them to all the drivers that had issues in their logs since the very first race of the season.
Sadly, I don't have them on my inbox anymore, so I can't 'prove' that to you - I'm not saying you're lying. I'm just saying that I sent the PMs.

After each race and after checking the logs (I'm the guy who checks the logs after each event), I always make a report to the other admins and tell them who had any issues with their logs and etc - and they can confirm that to you - and they're getting reports by me about the drivers who had issues in their logs and your name appeared in all reports since the GB GP - and while the other drivers fixed their logs, you didn't fix yours - I told everyone about that via PMs and also on the public thread here on the forum (posted on OCTOBER 4th, RIGHT AFTER THE GB GP - more than a MONTH ago from now), so on the stewards/admins point of view, you (and everyone else) had more than enough time (and enough warnings) to just go and fix the issue and now, the stewards/admins just got tired of keep getting reported about the same driver(s) having the same issue and just decide to apply the rule for good - which should've been applyed since the very beginning, but still they were kind enough to 'let it go' and allow some drivers to keep their results of the first races, without DQing them - so it's even 'unfair' for you to complain about that now, but anyway...

I think all that can be done now is:

Everybody sends a 'working log' (a readable one, without error messages) and everybody will be happy.

If ANY driver here has doubts about their logs and want to be sure they're all working fine, just do the following test and send the logs to my email - gustavokblo@gmail.com - I'll check them and IF there's any issue, I'll let you guys know and will help you to fix them, so you won't have any unpleasant surprises after the GPs.

The test is really simple:

Get the rFactor.exe file I sent (if you haven't done it yet)..
Replace your old rFactor.exe file by this new one..
Open rF_Scan and select the 'F' rfactor version on the drop down menu..
Join our server and take 2 or 3 timed laps..
Exit the server, close the game and send the generated log to my email..

For more detailed instructions, here's the original post on how to fix this problem:
http://www.rfactor-racers.com/t1628-rf_scan-log-problems-fix#30696

As I said before..
I hope I don't get any more error messages on the logs (and also that everyone send their logs after each official event) and then this whole subject will be over and we can just have fun (and no stress) from now on.

ToCGambler

ToCGambler

I just don't get it. So you persist that my disqualification is rightful, because I had constant issues with rfscan, a software that even requires a fix to just work properly which didn't in the end and I had to find out that there are incompatabilities. Additionally, I never had doubt about my logs and there was no reason for me, since NOBODY EVER told me, and there is absolutely no proof that I have ever been warned. 

Yeah, I had enough time to fix it, sadly tho I never knew that there was a problem due to lacking communication. Sorry, but you can't penalize me for you or the stewards or anything not warning me at all. I never received a single one of these PMs you spoke about, and I am 100% sure that I (!) didn't receive ANY. If I had been warned I wouldn't be "crying" so much at the moment, but it is not my task to find out that my logs are unreadable and to fix it without being told to.

I randomly found the post with the fix, without anyone telling me to have a look at it. I applied the fix when I read that all cracked versions require it. At that time I neither have been informed that there EVER were ANY problems at all, nor did I know that an incompatability issue would force the fix to not work either.

There will be no stress from now on for sure concerning future races, but as soon as I got warned and people told me about the consequences which was AFTER the Mexican GP, I fixed it and there's nothing more I can or could do, and yet still you disqualify me without any warning at all? What is the thinking behind this, and what is the problem in simply undisqualifying me? I will furthermore include a screenshot of my inbox, where you can see that no messages ever arrived except the first welcome-auto-message by Sven.

If I remain disqualified, it is due to the Admins not telling me about the issue rather than me not fixing the problem in time, which I did from the first time you told me, which was after Mexico...

rFR Grand Prix Series S9 R05 - Mexico GP - Penalties Rfscan11

Sexy Brigadeiro

Sexy Brigadeiro

I'm not 'persisting' in anything.
I don't even take part in the stewards decisions - they are the ones judging the race incidents and general event issues - I only report to them who sent the logs and who didn't and if the logs were all ok or not - but yes, I believe they may keep their decision about your case and I'm sorry if you didn't like to hear that - I understand your reasons, but once again I must say that:

- You read and accepted the rules when you joined the league (right?)
- The post about the issues with rF_Scan logs was posted on october 4th (right after the 2nd race of the season, the GB GP)
- I sent PMs to the drivers and if you didn't get them, I'm really sorry and don't know what happened, but I did send them - and as I said on the previous 2 lines above, you KNEW about the rules and KNEW about the rFactor.exe that ALL the drivers MUST use to ensure their rF_Scan logs are generated properly.
- The stewards decided to DQ you only from the Mexico GP, even if your GB, Sochi and Spain logs were also 'invalid' (so as I said before, they were REALLY 'kind' for doing that)

So, anyway..
I can't speak for the stewards and if any of them will 'unDQ' you, they must say so here.
And if not.. then I'm sorry, but you also should stop complaining.
You already explained your reasons and made your appeal.
I already told you what happened, all the facts and ways to fix the problem, at least for the future.

There's really no point in keep going with this.

This league has its rules and that's how it works - I'm sorry if they/we are not perfect, but we're trying our best - we don't like or want to be unfair to anyone and we just want all of us to go to track and have some amazing and fun races, so.. the drivers MUST do what's required by the rules (especially if they read and accepted them before joining the league) and the admins must do their best to ensure FAIRNESS to everyone (even if it's always hard to 'please' everyone as well) and that everybody is having fun - and if people are not having fun, they can stay and patiently wait/hope for the league to improve and fix its own 'faults', or they can just leave and find somewhere else, where they would have more fun - it's all good and we don't need to 'fight' because of a video game.

I'm honestly done with this subject.
I heard your complains and I understand them.
It's the stewards decision (to keep their current decision or not) and you must accept whatever they decide.
You (and everyone else) also know what must be done from now on to avoid situations like this again in the future, so...

That's it - (more than) enough said - let's move forward, please..

ToCGambler

ToCGambler

Lol, I thought you were involved in the decision but just realized you aren't, so this discussion was pointless after the 2nd post already lol. Anyways, to the stewards: Just do me the favour and post the decision here this time ^^

ToCGambler

ToCGambler

#Push would like to get a) confirmation that it's being looked into and b) a decision

Sexy Brigadeiro

Sexy Brigadeiro

The decision was already taken and the penalty stands - thought you saw it on the Standings thread - and this subject is more than over (also glad your logs are fixed, so all of this won't happen again).

Sven

Sven
League Director
League Director

Sorry Marcel but we got to keep the penalty to give everyone a sign not to take rF_Scan issues too easy. ("They wont penalise me anyway(...))"

http://www.rfactor-racers.com

ToCGambler

ToCGambler

Yeah, I noticed that complaining or appealing doesn't change the actual decision or basically anything. The only thing you can achieve by appealing a penalty seems to be that you make either the race director or the stewards angry, regardless of whether the penalty was awarded legitimately or not.

There is only one reason why I got this penalty, and that is bad communication with your drivers, since:
 a) You never warned me
 b) When you did, it was too late 
c) I got an answer to my appeal in Sochi only 2-3 weeks later in an unoffical post that the penalty would remain 
d) I was never informed that you are actually investigating my appeal in Sochi and 
e) that I only got an answer to my appeal in Mexico upon asking and even though I had asked in a previous post that the answer to the appeal should be posted here as soon as it's clear (Which you can read above)

Your decision is not based on showing others what happens when you have issues with rf_Scan, but rather that you don't want to acknowledge that your procedure/communication was incorrect. If you have a look at Monza this year, Pirelli made a mistake when they checked the pressures of Merc before the race, so they decided to not disqualify them as it was their mistake. Same situation here, but different outcome.

If you knew your decision was correct, you wouldn't say that I am the example for what happens IF... You would probably rather tell me what I did wrong (and there is absolutely nothing)...

But yeah, I guess that's the way it is, like Sexy said: "This topic is more than over". Looks like the communication problems remain tho, so it's far from over in my opinion.

Sven

Sven
League Director
League Director

I am trying to optimise the penalty process and make it more transparent at the moment.

We will have a slightly new system from now on. We will post a thread with incidents which are under investigation after the incident report thread gets closed. In that thread everyone will be able to defend their incidents.

Then we will post a penalty thread at least two days before the next GP with the penalty and all steward opinions listed. The drivers will be able to appeal in that thread and the appeal has to be processed within 2-7 days and have to be answered in a seperate thread.

http://www.rfactor-racers.com

Arek

Arek
LAT
LAT

I don't know why you're still insisting that you were never warned when it's obvious to everyone that you were, Marcel. Sexy is the one who checks the logs after each race and sends us reports if sth is wrong and here are a few quotes from them:

Received 11.10.2015 (Sochi)
"[...] I also got logs from Crespo and Quentin and both of them came with the classic 'scrambled data' error by NOT having a compatible rFactor.exe file..

I think it's weird that they said they got errors due to the rFactor.exe file from rF_Scan developers.. NO ONE else got that problem..
But they NEED that file, otherwise their logs will always come scrambled and unreadable, which is the same as NOT sending a log or even just not using rF_Scan at all.."

Received 18.10.2015 (Barcelona)
"I checked for 'readability' and they were all ok and showed no data (car telemetry and computer activity) errors - EXCEPT for Marcel Garcia Crespo's log, which is still coming all scrambled and unreadable, so there's no way if he is playing fair or using cheats - and I'm NOT saying he is. I'm just saying that IF he was/is, we would never know.
He REALLY NEED to fix that by updating his rFactor.exe file and I still think that saying the file 'doesn't work' for him is a lame (and weird) excuse, but whatever... I'm just reporting this to you LAT guys - and you guys decide about what to do about it.."

Received 1.11.2015 (Mexico)
"Crespo and Vrolijk's logs came with incompatibility issues.
Crespo doesn't seem to give a shit about it, since the same thing is happening every race and no matter how much I ask him to solve the problem, he just don't do it - last time he came wirh some weird excuse saying he couldn't use the provided rFactor.exe file and bla bla bla..."

Don't know what was in Imola and Silverstone beucase I was away at that time and couldn't play and do any steward job. Anyway it doesn't matter. Still looking at what I posted you had at least 20 days to fix it before Mexico and you had been warned many times by Sexy who I trust so since he took effort to check the logs and send those emails to us I don't think he would lie to us writting that he talked to you about it. And talking about not being warned officialy... Do you think we are some public office? I don't know what you expect. That we should send you a registered letter with acknowledgment of receipet with rFR rubber stamp or what?! Are you kidding?

Still you got DQed from only one race. You should've been at least from three (still don't know about Imola and Silverstone) Anyway I'm happy you've fixed it finally.

If it comes to your appeal about the penalty from Sochi I have admit we forgot to give you any response and we are sorry for that. But there is one more thing. Personaly I think that sometimes it doesn't make sense that any appeal goes back and is invatistated by the same group of stewards. For example talking about yours. We decided you had a chance to rejoin the track safely in a different way and you only went like that to revenge on Wes for the move he had done on you and sqeeze him to the barriers. And now no matter what you would say (it's obvious that your defensive line would be like that that you wanted to rejoin safely and bla bla bla) it's difficult for us to change our mind. It should be investigated by someone else who would decided what to do. Maybe by some random regular driver or sth. We will have to think about it.

As Sven mentioned above we are going to change our penalty procedure and I hope it's gonna be better and more clear from now on.

Last edited by Arek on 21st November 2015, 10:19 pm; edited 2 times in total

Joe McLaggen

Joe McLaggen
LAT
LAT

Thx Arek Wink

ToCGambler

ToCGambler

You don't seem to get what I was saying. Yes, I was either told or looked at the post myself (which I honestly don't know, whether you believe me or not) and after few days the ".exe" didn't work, so I used the old one again, and when I did so I never got an error from rf_Scan itself, and never got any warnings after that either, so I thought it was working...

It is just sad to see, that the guy who is responsible for those logs hands them down to you, with a personal comment and point of view, meanwhile I have no chance to justify myself or rather you don't give me the chance to. And yeah, eventually I had to find out myself that it was an incompatability issue. So yeah, instead of helping me fix it, you say that it's a weird excuse.... but that's another thing and I don't want to criticize any of this, since I appreciate that you post this although this was adressed to LAT privately and exclusively.

And yeah, also very nice that you make fun of my request of confirmation. All I said was that an official statement would be great. Whether that is a simple answer on the thread like Sven did for the Brazil penalties for the first time saying: "Incidents under investigation" or anything else, but surely not a letter. If you think that is something you simply cannot do, so be it.

This bickering is pointless tho and like I said, this is only going to upset stewards rather than change anything. From now on I'm gonna just shut up and live with your decisions. Problem is solved now, penalty stands. The way these things happened is probably not the right one, but that's how it is and I accept it. And for the sake of our "relations", I would ask you to lock this topic. Of course you don't have to, would be nice tho.

Anyways, happy that my appeal actually changed something for the better, which is the stewarding system for the future...

Thanks

Sexy Brigadeiro

Sexy Brigadeiro

"the guy who is responsible for those logs hands them down to you, with a personal comment and point of view"

That's part of my job as 'the guy who is responsible for those logs' - not only to check them, but to report the issues I found.

And by experience, I can (most of the time) tell exactly what is causing the issue and also since we had cheaters in the league in the past (and also because of our zero tolerance about cheating), it's just natural that we are pretty 'defensive' when we see a driver having rF_Scan (program and logs) issues over and over again and they just don't fix it - especially when the way to fix it is just so easy and simple.

At ANY moment I said or suggested you (or anyone else) was cheating.
But YES, I REALLY consider the 'Oh, I can't make my rF_Scan work with the rF_Scan developers .exe file' a 'lame' excuse, since I KNOW for a FACT that it works a 100% just fine - especially if people follow the instructions on the post about how to fix the logs issues - and as I just said above, the fix itself is REALLY easy, simple and quick to do.

And it seems the bigger problem in this whole (and endless, as it seems) discussion is the fact that you claim to have been DQed unfairly and without being warned about your previous issues...

That's wrong.

The topic with the fix was posted here on this forum on october 10th, which is the same date as the Silverstone race (the 2nd one of the season) and it was posted a little after that race.

And in this topic it's CRYSTAL CLEAR that FOR PEOPLE USING A CRACKED rFACTOR.EXE FILE THAT'S NOT COMPATIBLE WITH rF_SCAN, THEY WILL GET rF_SCAN LOG ISSUES - and the compatible version was provided with a download link on the post, so... ANY driver using a cracked rFactor.exe version that was NOT the one provided on the post, should simply download the one provided on the post and use it.

This 'global warning' (to ALL drivers) and chance to fix their logs was given (as I've just said) right after the 2nd race of the season (on october 10th) and NO ONE was DQed from the first 2 races, because THAT would be unfair...

So, EVERYone had plenty of time to fix their logs - and I talked to some drivers 'personally', both via PM and also directly on the server, 'live' - which was your case, Marcel - we talked directly and 'live' to each other about ALL of this subject, during the practice sessions for Sochi (the 3rd race of the season), so.. you WERE TOTALLY and 'officially' aware of your issue and that you MUST had fixed it - and still you didn't (you just gave me what I considered a 'lame' excuse - and etc)...

Still, the stewards let you race withOUT DQing you from Sochi AND Barcelona, while they should've DQed you from BOTH races - and then after Mexico (your 3rd straight race withOUT fixing your issue after you were already warned directly and personally), they had no choice but to 'finally' DQ you.

So, I'm sorry to say, but you're REALLY wrong in calling this an 'unfair' move by ANY means.

And if the LAT and the league must improve its communication with the drivers, we will do it.

Still I think ALL the necessary info IS on the forum and the drivers just need to SEARCH for and READ it, instead of waiting for the admins to write them PMs all of the time - I shouldn't even have to do that.. I did it myself, just because I was trying to be nice to the drivers (because the official announcement about the logs issues and how to fix them was already posted on the forum), so getting a PM from me or not, should not be an 'excuse' for not fixing the logs as well..

But anyway..
I'm really tired of arguing about this - and to be honest, I don't really care if you or anyone else will think I'm a bad admin or a bad person (or even if anyone here would complain about the league) - as I said before, people are free to stay or leave at anytime, but if they want to stay, they should accept how things are here, follow the rules and understand that we are all doing our best to improve things - we all have lives, jobs, families and other things to do as well (managing a league is not that easy, kids.. trust me!) and we already spend too much time and effort in this league, just to try and make sure everybody is having fun and.. sadly, nothing is perfect..

Anyway.. I have nothing new to add, than to keep repeating all that was said before, again and again, so this is my last post about this subject - I don't care whatever bad stuff is said about/to me after this one - I won't answer.

All I had to say is already registered in here - just read it all again if you guys want...

Damn, I'm tired...

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum