rFR - rFactor Racers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
rFR - rFactor Racers

Formula 1 Sim Racing League

- ANTONIO HRELJANOVIC is the new rFR Grand Prix series World Champion! - SEXY PET SHARK, with Antonio Hreljanovic and Gustavo Montenegro as drivers, has won the Constructors Title! -
Server Status

Latest topics

» Hello first simracing league that i participated in
by Ariff 29th March 2020, 7:15 pm

» rFR GP S16 - Championship Standings
by Sexy Brigadeiro 20th May 2019, 1:41 am

» rFR S16 - Rd. 10 - SEASON FINALE - Abu Dhabi Grand Prix - Penalties
by Blackfox 19th May 2019, 11:59 pm

» rFR S16 - Rd. 10 - SEASON FINALE - Abu Dhabi Grand Prix - Incidents
by Blackfox 19th May 2019, 11:57 pm

» rFR GP S16 - 10 - Official RESULTS - Abu Dhabi GP (Yas Marina)
by Sexy Brigadeiro 19th May 2019, 7:14 pm

Discord Channel
Please, DONATE! =)
Visitors

Find us also on...
Poll: Special Events Vc7ltro6Poll: Special Events Gpefnxkg

You are not connected. Please login or register

Poll: Special Events

+2
Antonio Hreljanovic 1
Sven
6 posters

Do you want to have special events in the future?

Poll: Special Events Vote_lcap83%Poll: Special Events Vote_rcap 83% [ 10 ]
Poll: Special Events Vote_lcap17%Poll: Special Events Vote_rcap 17% [ 2 ]
Total Votes : 12

Poll closed

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Poll: Special Events Empty Poll: Special Events 9th August 2013, 2:08 pm

Sven

Sven
League Director
League Director

Hello, everyone!

Since there was only a low demand for the special events (the oval race had to be canceled because there were only 9 drivers on the server), we want to ask you if you want to have no more special events in the future.

If you want to keep going with the special events, please give us some suggestions for the future events.

NO COMMENTS ABOUT THE OVAL RACE, PLEASE!

The vote is open for 7 days, you can reverse your votes anytime.

http://www.rfactor-racers.com

2Poll: Special Events Empty Re: Poll: Special Events 9th August 2013, 6:38 pm

Well, I already sent you guys (from LAT) an email with all of my thoughts, suggestions and ideas about special events and how they could be to be more interesting and fun to the drivers and bla bla bla, so... all I had to say is on this email - sorry if it was long, but I hope it was worth the reading... Razz

And jah, obviously, my vote is YES. Smile

3Poll: Special Events Empty Re: Poll: Special Events 9th August 2013, 7:01 pm

Antonio Hreljanovic 1

Antonio Hreljanovic 1

I obviously vote yes. I love shootouts and I won one already Very Happy. I think to make it better we could load some other mods if possible? Some cars, buggys or use safety cars maybe? We should make sth like race of champions (track exists) I think people would like that kind of thing Smile

4Poll: Special Events Empty Re: Poll: Special Events 9th August 2013, 7:09 pm

I have 3 versions of the ROC tracks... Smile

5Poll: Special Events Empty Re: Poll: Special Events 9th August 2013, 7:09 pm

Antonio Hreljanovic 1

Antonio Hreljanovic 1

Here!! You see you can even chose which one you like Smile

6Poll: Special Events Empty Re: Poll: Special Events 9th August 2013, 10:13 pm

Arek

Arek
LAT
LAT

If it comes to that Sexy's email I've recently received I think that idea about "combining" special events to our regular season is not good at all but I didn't have time to answer for it and thought that noone of admins considered it as a good way to make our special events more popular Razz 

Season is season so giving some championship points for secial events is bad because they have nothing to do with our regular races. It's just sth different created for fun where nobody cares about preparations Razz (our regular races are also for fun as everything but it's sth more serious and they matter).

As we know every point is valuable and counts itself in the overal standings at the end of the sesason so I personally I wouldn't like to be passed by some driver who scored one or two points taking part in some special event in which I didn't have time to take part for example, knowing that it's just sth different than our regular races. 

Not to mention about special events taking place between two different seasons. How do you want to count them? Do you want to give points for them to the previous season or for the next one? What if those points would decide for the title? It's just stupid so please leve that crazy idea...

7Poll: Special Events Empty Re: Poll: Special Events 9th August 2013, 10:15 pm

Arek

Arek
LAT
LAT

And I don't have anything againts special events. If I have free time I can join np. But this is nothing I would like to be focused on and have special preparations.

8Poll: Special Events Empty Re: Poll: Special Events 9th August 2013, 10:19 pm

You simplified all I said (and made it look 'dumb') too much... But anyway... I respect your opinions (obviously).
As I also said on the email that was only one IDEA/SUGGESTION - I gave more than just one idea/suggestion - and the main point of the email was to say that I think the Special Events are something cool and fun to the league and that we should keep having them - I just hope more drivers join them in the future.
Smile

9Poll: Special Events Empty Re: Poll: Special Events 10th August 2013, 1:23 am

i vote no because i think they are too much work to organise, interest is low, etc etc

the normal league keeps us busy enough

10Poll: Special Events Empty Re: Poll: Special Events 10th August 2013, 4:01 am

Juan Caires

Juan Caires

I agree with tony, other mods can be nice...

11Poll: Special Events Empty Re: Poll: Special Events 10th August 2013, 4:10 am

The problem with other mods is that they gotta be loaded into the server and I believe that to change the active mod the server, Sven would have to restart the server. And it would be hard to restart the server everytime we wanted to practice with a different mod - because only Sven can do it and if he is not online, then the server is stuck with whatever mod is loaded in it - not to mention the drivers would have to download and install different mods as well, so... I think it's too complicated for something that was supposed to be simple...

Usually, people who own servers like to load only 1 (one) specific mod in each server - for example, the LCC guys... they have 3 or 4 different servers and then they have 3 or 4 different mods - 1 mod in each server.
We only have 1 server...

And honestly, although I admit the idea of using a different mod is not so bad, I also think we should use the same mod we're using for the season. Mainly because it's the car used in this league (currently the FSONE09 mod - but it may be a different mod in future seasons, just like we used a different mod in past seasons) - and then I think it would be easier for us to 'adapt' to the special events's tracks, since the mod would be the same - once again, I'm just pointing out that using the same mod would be less complicated technically to the LAT - I guess...

12Poll: Special Events Empty Re: Poll: Special Events 10th August 2013, 4:42 am

Adrian S Shole

Adrian S Shole

I voted yes and I maintain my opinion after the first special event, but it was obviously ignored for the second special event. Very Happy

Just use the current mod and mix up the races and you'll have a winner. Reverse grids are great because it guarantees "racing" instead of just constantly having cars in order of fastest to slowest.

I agree that using Safety Cars is a fun way to race people in identical cars (think of Top Gear's reasonably-priced car) without having to install mods. The question is whether or not the others would enjoy it, which I don't think many would.

13Poll: Special Events Empty Re: Poll: Special Events 10th August 2013, 9:48 am

Alex Hill

Alex Hill

Adrian S Shole wrote:I agree that using Safety Cars is a fun way to race people in identical cars (think of Top Gear's reasonably-priced car) without having to install mods. The question is whether or not the others would enjoy it, which I don't think many would.
+1 good idea

14Poll: Special Events Empty Re: Poll: Special Events 10th August 2013, 6:02 pm

Juan Caires

Juan Caires

Night races?

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum