rFR - rFactor Racers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
rFR - rFactor Racers

Formula 1 Sim Racing League

- ANTONIO HRELJANOVIC is the new rFR Grand Prix series World Champion! - SEXY PET SHARK, with Antonio Hreljanovic and Gustavo Montenegro as drivers, has won the Constructors Title! -
Server Status

Latest topics

» Hello first simracing league that i participated in
by Ariff 29th March 2020, 7:15 pm

» rFR GP S16 - Championship Standings
by Sexy Brigadeiro 20th May 2019, 1:41 am

» rFR S16 - Rd. 10 - SEASON FINALE - Abu Dhabi Grand Prix - Penalties
by Blackfox 19th May 2019, 11:59 pm

» rFR S16 - Rd. 10 - SEASON FINALE - Abu Dhabi Grand Prix - Incidents
by Blackfox 19th May 2019, 11:57 pm

» rFR GP S16 - 10 - Official RESULTS - Abu Dhabi GP (Yas Marina)
by Sexy Brigadeiro 19th May 2019, 7:14 pm

Discord Channel
Please, DONATE! =)
Visitors

Find us also on...
Race REPORT & PICTURES - 09 - Canada GP (Montreal) Vc7ltro6Race REPORT & PICTURES - 09 - Canada GP (Montreal) Gpefnxkg

You are not connected. Please login or register

Race REPORT & PICTURES - 09 - Canada GP (Montreal)

5 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Canada GP - Montreal (Sunday, july 29th, 2012) – Race Report, by Sexy Brigadeiro Very Happy & pictures by Arek Shocked

Well, I'm here to sadly announce that there won't be pictures this time... and it's gonna be an 'old style' report...

'But, WHY, Almighty Sexy?!...' you may ask - and I'll answer:
Son... once a noob... ALWAYS a noob.

With that being said, let's talk about the race itself...

Once again the Admins. decided to try a new quali system - but it was actually just a way to 'fix & improve' the 'old new' quali system tested in Monaco and... this time I think we finally got it right! The 'new new' quali system worked pretty well and seems to have pleased most of the drivers, so everyone could have some fair and good fun!
We had 2 sessions: Q1 and Q2. In Q1, all drivers could go to track for 15 minutes and take as many laps as they could and try to set their fastest possible laps (just like our 'old old' quali system used to be until Monaco) and after those 15 minutes, only the top 10 qualified to Q2, which was with our new 1 hotlap per driver system, which also made things pretty interesting and exciting to watch for those outside the top 10!
But then, guess what?!... No matter what kind of quali system we try, one thing never changed: the pole position! So... give it up for raikkO again, everybody! Another extra championship point to him! The romanian guy knows how to do it! It's just a shame he can't keep that same quality and constancy in the races... Razz

Anyway... he had the 'not so rookie' Reikss in 2nd, Tommy MacEye back after his suspension for being a bad boy in 3rd and an ass hole in 4th... no, I'm serious... the championship leader, AKA Kangaroo Kid, Adrian S Shole was there, I swear!... Anyway...
Oh! I was in the race too, you know?! I missed racing with you guys! But starting in 13th (out of 19 cars) was all I got - still it was not unnexpected, so it's ok! I was just hoping to get lucky and finish among the top 10 anyway - which would be hard since even the pace car with the 4 flat tyres was faster than me... But since I was there... why not, at least, just... I don't, know... err... TRY?! Smile

Well, can you guys believe we had a cleaner start at the narrow streets of Monaco, than at the wide Canada?... Yep, that's correct! The start was a mess and, once again, we had a lot of bumps and this time some of these bumps costed a few wings... So... some unlucky guys had to go to the pits to replace them and some even more unlucky guys couldn't even complete the 1st lap - I experienced that at Silverstone and I honestly had enough already... So... this time it was Alex's turn... sorry, China Boy! See you at A1 Ring!
BTW, Luft_inspektor hit Alex, but I must say it was due to some lag and it happened more than once, so... Alex was REALLY out of luck...

After all the mess, guess who got the lead at the end of lap 1?... Ok, at least guess who LOST the lead... lol... - raikkO fell to 5th and then Adrian got the lead, followed by Tom, who overtook Reikss (3rd) and Grisu (4th).
We had some pretty good fights for the first places and they were certainly cleaner than the fights in the middle of the pack - and no, I'm NOT saying that someone played unfairly! I'm just saying that since the number of cars was bigger, the fights were also more 'complicated' and we kept having bumps and even crashes... Sven got hit by Tony (not on purpose either, but still The Boss lost his front wing and had to go to the pits) and I was right behind them and it was REALLY hard to get a free/clean track... at lap 5 I tried my best to brake when I saw Tony trying his best to brake and avoid 2 cars in front of him, but still I touched his rear and threw him on the grass at T1... Tony was actually doing a pretty good race (except for the incident with Sven, obviously) and I felt terrible for hitting him, so I just 'stopped' my car on track (literally - and yes, I checked the track map and there was no one coming from behind, so I didn't put anyone in danger, if you're wondering...) and then I waited for him to recover and let him keep the position - both of us lost something between 5-10 seconds with that, so... all we could do was to try and recover that lost time!

The Montreal circuit is actualy pretty nice. The only problem is that the version we used (the 2008 one) has too low grip and also some crazy, unrealistic and just damn annoying bumps on the hairpin - which should be a great spot for overtaking, but... it just didn't work so well due to those bumps - it was almost impossible to brake, to turn and to accelerate and try to gain a position there - and until the pit stops, with a heavier car, it was pretty hard to drive, especialy while fighting for positions...

BTW, due to the low grip, the tyres consumption was also pretty low, so everyone could easily make only 1 stop for new tyres (except for the guys making extra stops for new wings, obviously...) and Adrian kept the lead while Tom and Reikss had a good fight for the 2nd place. raikkO was trying his best to recover and he was even able to get the lead again around the laps 16/17 when both Adrian and Tom went for their pit stops (for new tyres). But when things seemed to be getting better to the Pole Master... he went to the pits and found out kurtmudgeon was stopped at his pit spot and he lost a few seconds there waiting for the team to release kurt, so he could finally replace his own tyres... The problem is that he was fighting for the lead and any second was important and then he lost, at least 4 seconds because of that... well, raikkO just got frustrated and when he left the pits he just gave up on the race... crossed the white pit exit line and just threw his car against the tyres wall on T6... - oh, come on, mate!... Sad

Anyway...

Adrian and Tom weren't so sad about that after all and when Reikss went to the pits for new tyres, a 'new race' begun between Kangaroo Kid and Tommy MacEye...
They were just too close together and fought like crazy until the very last centimeters of the race... Tom overtook Adrian a few times, but never enough to keep the position... Adrian always found a way to get it back!...

So, how it ended?!?!?!...

***INTERMISSION***

Have you even thought in going for a travel to Poland?!
Dream no more!!!
Just call 696969-NOOB and ask for The Arek Promotion!!!
You will get a seat in the slowest train and you would go faster if you went by bike, but... who cares?!
Once a noob, ALWAYS a noob!!!
Go to Noob Land NOW - but don't hurry! You will only get there in about 37 years from now anyway!
Smile

***END OF INTERMISSION***

So, where were we?!...
Oh, a fight for the lead, right?
Ok, so first let's talk about a few other important things that happened in this race:
- Reikks was, once again, doing a pretty good race and fighting for the 3rd place against Grisu, The Unabomber, when Reikss engine was the one blowing up this time - go figure!...
- Grisu was lucky to save his engine until the end this time, but... not lucky enough to save his 3rd place and a certain Muchacho Man stole it from him...
- Joe McLaggen (the Muchacho Man) had a great and consistent race again and got his 2nd career podium - Andale, andale, andale!!!
- As you already know, Grisu was 4th so... who was 5th?!?!?!...
Well, with his best (and luckiest) race so far in this season... the brazilian wonder, Sexy Is Faster Than Another 14 Guys Brigadeiro got those 10 points and FINALLY left those 13 (I had since China) behind - YAY!!! Cool
- Arek is a noob.
- Luft_inspektor spent the whole 2nd half of the race behind me and sometimes actually being a little faster... But I was able to make a few faster laps too and both of us made mistakes, but he made a little bit more so... I was able to keep the place and Luft got the 6th position.
BTW, I was going to stop at lap 17 and I had Luft and Deadfish right in front of me... So I decided to go to the pits 2 laps earlier (on the 15th, if you're good at maths...) and got fresh and faster tyres before the 2 of them and when they finally made their stops, a few laps later, I was able to gain their places - ha! Smart! Very Happy Still the price I paid was to have Luft buzzing in my ears for 17-19 long laps, but as I said before, I was lucky (and skilled) enough to keep him there!
- With a race full of ups and downs and also after losing a wing earlier in the race, Arnoldinhu was able to take his Lotus to the 7th place and score a few more points for the championship as well - so, that wasn't so bad, Arnie!!! But I understand your frustration, since you know it could've been better...
- The same happened to ADI (lost a wing and went to pits too early in the race), who also didn't get online on time to quali, so he started near the end of the grid... So, taking all of that into consideration... 8th place... 4 points... not bad either, Mate - and Force India had a good constructors day!!!
- in 9th place, on the 9th race of the season (not that it matters, but whatever...) we had someone scoring points for the 1st time this season!!! CONGRATS, DEADFISH!!!!!!! He just stayed in track and brought his Yellow Cab... I mean, his Renault... to the finish line and 2 points is better than 0 points, right? Way to go, mate! And I hope you can score more than 2 points and before the next 9 races - especially because there are only 8 races left this season... lol
- And getting the very last point... we had the German Emo Hairdo Boy... Sven! After all the mess on the first laps, the incident with Tony... at least he got that last point with his Ferrari, but he was more frustrated than happy with that... we understand... you're emo. Neutral
- Denis and kurt finished in 11th and 12th, respectively and ALMOST scored points, but... maybe in Austria... who knows?! Smile

These were the 12 'survivors'... the only ones to cross the finish line.

- Stig hit the wall at T3 in the 15th lap and lost his front wing, but then just gave up and abandoned... He was in 14th place then, going after Sven...
- BlackFox had issues with some crazy finnish storm and was kicked out from the Quali... He got back online in time to actually race, but had to start last... And he was doing a pretty good recovering race, but in the middle of lap 10, when he was in 8th place and giving Deadfish (7th) a hard time... his electric power went down... he obviously lost connection and was forced (literally) to leave the game... Oink, A1 Ring!
- I'm not sure about what happened to Goa, but I guess he also just lost connection. He was in 9th place (right after Black and Dead) at the 9th lap, when, on the straight after the hairpin he just... vanished out of the blue...

Anyway...

We also had penalties... and here are them:

1. Luft v Alex Hill - Lap 1 - Turn 3 - Avoidable collision - DRIVE THROUGH (Luft)

2. ADI v Denis - Lap 1 - Turn 4 - Avoidable collision - DRIVE TRHOUGH (ADI)
And, with that, the only changes are between Luft and Arnie's positions.
Arnie got the 6th place and Luft fell to 7th.

The end.

LIES!!! shockedd

THE FIGHT FOR THE LEAD!!! Surprised

So... the race was ALMOST decided at the very last corner - yep, the famous Canada Last Chicane - and Tom made his last try to overtake Adrian... made it... thought he would be able to cross the finish line in first... but... Kangaroo Kid strikes again - BAM, IN YOUR FACE!!!... THERE, I SAID IT! affraid
And Adrian won by a 0:00.005 gap - DAMN!!! Surprised
But since the race and the fight was good, this time Tom actually laughed and was glad about his own race - got the 2nd place, but was not frustrated at all! Simply because he had a good time, scored a good ammount of points anyway and had fun and a great, hard and fair fight against Adrian - lots of good sportsmanship between them, which is ALWAYS appreciated in this league!

So, congrats, lads!
Congrats Adrian for another victory - hope you're not bored of winning all the time... Razz

Things at the Championship Tables didn't change too much though, so...

For ALL the pointers and Championship standings, just take a look below!!! Senna

CANADA DRIVERS’ POINTS (OFFICIAL - AFTER penalties):

1Adrian S Shole(Renault)25 points
2T McKay(RBR)18 points
3Joe McLaggen(McLaren)15 points
4Grisu(Williams)12 points
5Sexy Brigadeiro(Force India)10 points
6Arnoldinhu(Lotus)8 points
7Luft_inspektor(RBR)6 points
8ADI(Force India)4 points
9deadfish(GB)(Renault)2 points
10Sven(Ferrari)1 point
14raikkO(Blue Arrows)1 point(for pole)

CANADA CONSTRUCTORS’ POINTS (OFFICIAL - AFTER penalties):

1Renault27 points
2RBR24 points
3McLaren15 points
4Force India14 points
5Williams12 points
6Lotus8 points
7Ferrari1 pointTIE BREAKER: best finish pos.: 10th (Sven)
8Blue Arrows1 point (for pole)TIE BREAKER: best finish pos.: 14th (raikkO)
DRIVERS’ CHAMPIONSHIP - After 9 races (OFFICIAL - AFTER penalties):

1Adrian169 points
2Tom89 points
3Joe83 points
4Grisu72 points(+2)
5raikkO65 points(-1)
6Arek63 points(-1)
7Luft60 points
8Alex52 points
9Sven51 points
10Otti29 pointsTIE BREAKER: best finish pos.: 2nd
11ADI29 pointsTIE BREAKER: best finish pos.: 4th
12Bober23 pointsTIE BREAKER: best finish pos.: 5th; 6th & 6th
13Sexy23 points(+4)TIE BREAKER: best finish pos.: 5th; 6th & 8th
14Goa22 points(-1)TIE BREAKER: best finish pos.: 2nd
15Denis22 points(-1)TIE BREAKER: best finish pos.: 4th
16Arnie18 points(+2)
17Adammo15 points(-2)
18Black14 points(-2)
19Reikss8 points
20Jack5 points
21Stig4 points
22Dead2 points(+4)TIE BREAKER: best finish pos.: 13th
23Jean0 points(-1)TIE BREAKER: best finish pos.: 11th & 11th
24Kurt0 points(-1)TIE BREAKER: best finish pos.: 11th & 12th
25Jure0 points(-1)TIE BREAKER: best finish pos.: 11th & 18th
26pxr50 points(-1)TIE BREAKER: best finish pos.: 12th
27Cueball0 pointsTIE BREAKER: best finish pos.: 14th
28Tony0 pointsTIE BREAKER: best finish pos.: 15th
29soutie0 pointsTIE BREAKER: best finish pos.: 17th

* - 'tie breaker' = best finish position (in case of a new tie, the next best finish position - and so on...)

CONSTRUCTORS’ CHAMPIONSHIP - After 9 races (OFFICIAL - AFTER penalties):

1Renault171 points
2RBR149 points
3McLaren135 points
4HRT85 points
5Williams77 points
6Blue Arrows65 points
7Force India52 points(+2)
8Ferrari51 points(-1)
9STR45 points(-1)
10Lotus32 points(+1)
11Sauber29 points(-1)
12Virgin8 points
13Mercedes4 points
NEXT RACE: Austria GP - august 5th, 2012

Last edited by Sexy Brigadeiro on 3rd August 2012, 6:21 pm; edited 19 times in total

Report is up!
cheers

Sven

Sven
League Director
League Director

we had the German Emo Hairdo Boy... Sven!

lol

http://www.rfactor-racers.com

It was a compliment...

...kinda...

Ok, it wasn't.
¬¬'

Razz

Reikss

Reikss

nice reading Very Happy

Thanks, Reikss!
I know it's 'not that cool' without the pictures, but I tried to write something funny and enjoyable to read and I'm glad you guys liked it too!
Smile

P.S. Updated with some extra info about Stig, Black and Goa - so, I guess I said a little something about everyone's races now. Smile

Grisu

Grisu

sexy brigadeiro could write a book Very Happy A FORMULA 1 SESSION BOOK Very Happy

Neutral

raikk0

raikk0

great job sexy,a report like this needs a lot of patience Surprised

Antonio Hreljanovic 1

Antonio Hreljanovic 1

GREAT report mate!! cheers

Thanks, raikkO and Tony!!!
Since we don't have pictures this time, I just tried to make something funny to read - sorry for any bad jokes...
But I'm glad to know you guys liked it anyway!!!
cheers

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum