rFR - rFactor Racers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
rFR - rFactor Racers

Formula 1 Sim Racing League

- ANTONIO HRELJANOVIC is the new rFR Grand Prix series World Champion! - SEXY PET SHARK, with Antonio Hreljanovic and Gustavo Montenegro as drivers, has won the Constructors Title! -
Server Status

Latest topics

» Hello first simracing league that i participated in
by Ariff 29th March 2020, 7:15 pm

» rFR GP S16 - Championship Standings
by Sexy Brigadeiro 20th May 2019, 1:41 am

» rFR S16 - Rd. 10 - SEASON FINALE - Abu Dhabi Grand Prix - Penalties
by Blackfox 19th May 2019, 11:59 pm

» rFR S16 - Rd. 10 - SEASON FINALE - Abu Dhabi Grand Prix - Incidents
by Blackfox 19th May 2019, 11:57 pm

» rFR GP S16 - 10 - Official RESULTS - Abu Dhabi GP (Yas Marina)
by Sexy Brigadeiro 19th May 2019, 7:14 pm

Discord Channel
Please, DONATE! =)
Visitors

Find us also on...
Season 5 - MOD (download) Vc7ltro6Season 5 - MOD (download) Gpefnxkg

You are not connected. Please login or register

Season 5 - MOD (download)

+11
Antonio Hreljanovic 1
Sven
Arek
lau
Alex Hill
Marius
Adrian S Shole
Grisu
cueballuk
Tomoz1123
Bober_Belarus
15 posters

Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 5]

1Season 5 - MOD (download) Empty Season 5 - MOD (download) 10th November 2013, 5:18 pm

MOD: rFR League - SEASON 5 CTDP 2006 (custom) - FINAL VERSION (3.1):
https://mega.co.nz/#!UAgGlITb!dxLTM3Ts7CXnHy-e-Ccay1XS6ZgJwtMfgEgN8JxMbqk

Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heavenLike a Star @ heaven

You guys can test them and IF you don't like them and want to keep using CTDP06 original sounds, just install this backup sounds patch:
https://mega.co.nz/#!JBpUxQBL!XALhdlUfyf0aKj0ucO1U9gLAoKVWFZdbC9LGsyK4rv8

INSTALL INSTRUCTIONS:
- Unrar the MOD file.
- Copy what's inside of the folder 'RFACTOR MAIN FOLDER' to your rFactor main folder (duuuurrrr)...
- Unrar the OPTIONAL sounds patch file (IF you want them...)
- Copy what's inside of it to your rF main folder.
- Have fun!

MOD MANUAL (for noobs like us):
http://manual.ctdp.net/f1-2006

The admins decided to use the CTDP 2006 mod for the rFR League's 5th season.

But we had to make a few adjustments, so it could fit our rules, settings and needs.

NO changes were made to the mod physics, except for the tyres file, which was developed based on a fixed and improved version of CTDP06 original tyres, but now with only 3 compouns: Softs, Meds and Hards (yes, no more Super Softs).

As a general behaviour, this is how they act:

Softs - lasts for 10 laps (for example - depends on the track, of course)
Meds - lasts for 15 laps (for example - depends on the track, of course)
Hards - lasts for 20 laps (for example - depends on the track, of course)

And each compound has a gap of around 0,5 sec per lap to the following one (also depending on the track - this is just a general behaviour) - Meds are 0,5 secs faster than Hards and 0,5 secs slower than Softs - which means Hards are about 1 sec slower than Softs (and Softs are about 1 sec faster than Hards).

So, the goal was to have a difference of 1 second between Softs and Hards and also for Hards to last 2x more than the Softs. The Meds are just a 'middle point' (both about performance and duration) between Softs and Hards, but can play an important role in terms of pit stop strategy and/or unescheduled pit stops during a race (due to a crash/incident, for example).

All the other changes to the original CTDP06 mod were techinical changes, so we could 'customize' the mod to our league (a few changes at the game menus and monitor, for example) and we also had to remove ALL of the extra skins (because they were making the mod too heavy - more than 3 GB) and we kept only 1 skin for each team.

The mod was also pretty complicated to install and configure, so in the .RAR file, all you need to do is to drag & drop / copy & paste the files inside of it to your rF main folder - NO .exe file or anything else.

IMPORTANT: If you already have the CTDP 2006 original mod, you still MUST install the files from the 1st link of this post (if possible on a different rF install, just to avoid rFactor crazy bug conflicts...) - if you try to get on our server with CTDP06 original files, you'll obviously get a mismatch!

The mod CAN be 'installed' on the same rF Install where you have the FSONE09 (or other) mod(s) - but it can also be installed on a fresh new rF install - it seems it also works fine on the rF Lite install
Enjoy!
cheers

Last edited by Sexy Brigadeiro on 13th December 2013, 12:28 am; edited 10 times in total

2Season 5 - MOD (download) Empty Re: Season 5 - MOD (download) 10th November 2013, 6:25 pm

Bober_Belarus

Bober_Belarus

Why not have a vote on the choice of modes?????

3Season 5 - MOD (download) Empty Re: Season 5 - MOD (download) 10th November 2013, 6:28 pm

Maybe we do that in the future, Bober.

But the drivers will have to vote for some tracks, at least.

The mod is good. I hope you like it!

Trust the LAT!
Smile

4Season 5 - MOD (download) Empty Re: Season 5 - MOD (download) 10th November 2013, 6:37 pm

Tomoz1123

Tomoz1123

The admin team have done a sterling job with organisation and they've chosen one of the best mods I've ever used!

CTDP without a doubt make some of the best mods around, not only graphically, but the physics are amazing too! Great choice guys, look forward to getting back into it!

5Season 5 - MOD (download) Empty Re: Season 5 - MOD (download) 10th November 2013, 6:40 pm

Thank you, Tomoz!

It was all done in what we believe it would be the best to the league and to everyone - both about the mod choice and also about the organization of the files, installation and etc.

I hope and wish another GREAT and FUN season to ALL of us!

cheers

6Season 5 - MOD (download) Empty Re: Season 5 - MOD (download) 11th November 2013, 3:20 am

cueballuk

ok someone want to tell me how the hell u get this thing to up shift in auto gears its pissin me off head wall

7Season 5 - MOD (download) Empty Re: Season 5 - MOD (download) 11th November 2013, 3:24 am

It works just fine for me, Cue...

But as far as I could see, just go to the UPGRADES tab at the car spinning menu...
And then click on the 'HUD Shift Light / Auto Shift' option...
Pick the 'Default' one - I guess it's the only one that works with auto gears...

Lemme no if it workd 2u lot!
Razz

8Season 5 - MOD (download) Empty Re: Season 5 - MOD (download) 11th November 2013, 3:39 am

cueballuk

nope its not working and i have no idea why..  installed it on the lite version and the full version and just doing the same thing,  wont change up in auto

9Season 5 - MOD (download) Empty Re: Season 5 - MOD (download) 11th November 2013, 3:40 am

This is a mod issue - it was NOT edited by me/us...

Which team/car do you have?

Are you using the default setup?

10Season 5 - MOD (download) Empty Re: Season 5 - MOD (download) 11th November 2013, 3:46 am

cueballuk

i have tried a few cars and the only thing i changed was the fuel cos how do u no what to change if u cant go anywhere lol it would be me who gets the problems :facehand:what would i change in the settings on the setup?

Last edited by cueballuk on 11th November 2013, 3:48 am; edited 1 time in total

11Season 5 - MOD (download) Empty Re: Season 5 - MOD (download) 11th November 2013, 3:47 am

Sorry, mate, I was just trying to gather as much info as possible about what car and settings you were on...

Tell me one of the cars that didn't work for you and I'm gonna try it here...
Theorically they are all the same, because they ALL use the SAME physics file...
scratch

12Season 5 - MOD (download) Empty Re: Season 5 - MOD (download) 11th November 2013, 3:50 am

cueballuk

McLaren Kimi was one of them

13Season 5 - MOD (download) Empty Re: Season 5 - MOD (download) 11th November 2013, 3:51 am

That's weird!

McLaren Kimi was the car I used in 99% of my tests and worked just fine!
scratch

14Season 5 - MOD (download) Empty Re: Season 5 - MOD (download) 11th November 2013, 3:58 am

At the UPGRADES tab...

Click on 'CLASS PACKAGES'...
Pick the 'CTDPF1_2006' option (buy/install it)...

Then click on 'Track Configuration'...
Pick the 'Post Season' option (buy/install it)...

Then click on 'Traction Control'...
For ME, I can only use the very last one at the bottom of the list - I can't drive the car with ANY other one...

Then click on 'HUD Shift Light/Auto Shift'...
Pick the 'Default' one (buy/install it)...

Then click on 'Track Conditions'...
And pick the 'Standard Day' option (buy/install it)...

That's what I did...
The car works just fine... auto gears and everything...

P.S. Are you SURE you set your controls to auto geat up?!
Maybe it's just a silly rF control config, since you're trying the mod on a fresh install...
Smile

15Season 5 - MOD (download) Empty Re: Season 5 - MOD (download) 11th November 2013, 4:14 am

cueballuk

nope its not working a;9 and yes i do have it set to auto shift lol the one on the lite version is on the same install as fsone and that still works fine.

the fresh install i did was of the full game and that is the only mod i've installed on it so its got to be something to do with this mod.  its as is its not reving high enough to change gear

16Season 5 - MOD (download) Empty Re: Season 5 - MOD (download) 11th November 2013, 4:15 am

Grisu

Grisu

cueball. Set engine boost to 1. and set autoshift 18.800 rpm

17Season 5 - MOD (download) Empty Re: Season 5 - MOD (download) 11th November 2013, 4:18 am

That's REALLY weird, because I made all possible tests in here and I installed a fresh rF Full and then just copied the mod files to it - exactly what I told the drivers to do - and it worked just fine for me...

So, I really don't know what's causing your issue...
Sad

Try setting your game to manual gears, assign a key to gear up and see if it works - just as a test... I'm not saying you will have to drive with manual gears...

18Season 5 - MOD (download) Empty Re: Season 5 - MOD (download) 11th November 2013, 4:28 am

cueballuk

grisu that worked but its a bit shit if that means i'm stuck on bost one and other people can use higher boost..  sexy can u use a higher boost?

19Season 5 - MOD (download) Empty Re: Season 5 - MOD (download) 11th November 2013, 4:39 am

Yes, Cue, I can use boost 9 and rads 1, BUT... only if I go to the UPGRADES tab, click on 'HUD Shift Light/Auto Shift' and then pick some LOW RPM values...

So... as we can see, we still have a LOT to learn about this mod...
Rolling Eyes

20Season 5 - MOD (download) Empty Re: Season 5 - MOD (download) 11th November 2013, 4:41 am

Grisu

Grisu

boost 1 = 100% rpm use = 100% Power
boost 10 = lowest rpm use = lowest Power

21Season 5 - MOD (download) Empty Re: Season 5 - MOD (download) 11th November 2013, 4:44 am

Crazy mod...

I like it already!
Very Happy

P.S. MOD MANUAL ADDED TO THE 1st POST!!!

http://www.rfactor-racers.com/t970-season-5-mod-download#20549

22Season 5 - MOD (download) Empty Re: Season 5 - MOD (download) 11th November 2013, 6:24 am

Adrian S Shole

Adrian S Shole

I installed it, joined a circuit and just as it finished loading, game crashed. Sad

23Season 5 - MOD (download) Empty Re: Season 5 - MOD (download) 11th November 2013, 6:28 am

Same issue as Alex was having... - but he uses Windows XP, so I thought it could be related to it...

Don't know what causes it to you, Adrian...

Was it a fresh rF install?
Was it an rF Full or an rF Lite install?

As an alternative solution (Grisu already had the original mod and said it worked for him this way)... get CTDP06 original... install it and then ovewrite with the files inside the .RAR (our custom CTDP06)

CTDP original here:
http://ctdp.248f1.net/rfactor/Formula_One_2006_by_CTDP_v1.2.1.zip

24Season 5 - MOD (download) Empty Re: Season 5 - MOD (download) 11th November 2013, 6:41 am

Adrian S Shole

Adrian S Shole

I'm using Windows 7 and installed it on my rF with FSONE2009 so I don't have to fiddle with settings. Maybe FSONE messes with it. Has anyone got the two mods running on the same rF? Smile

25Season 5 - MOD (download) Empty Re: Season 5 - MOD (download) 11th November 2013, 6:43 am

No, mate. I have the 2 mods and they work pretty fine together.

Still I suggest you to try to install our custom CTDP on a fresh rFactor FULL install - just for safety.

All the links (to the custom CTDP and to rF Full) are on the 1st post, so I hope you get it all working soon - let us know about it, pliss!

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 5]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum