rFR - rFactor Racers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
rFR - rFactor Racers

Formula 1 Sim Racing League

- ANTONIO HRELJANOVIC is the new rFR Grand Prix series World Champion! - SEXY PET SHARK, with Antonio Hreljanovic and Gustavo Montenegro as drivers, has won the Constructors Title! -
Server Status

Latest topics

» Hello first simracing league that i participated in
by Ariff 29th March 2020, 7:15 pm

» rFR GP S16 - Championship Standings
by Sexy Brigadeiro 20th May 2019, 1:41 am

» rFR S16 - Rd. 10 - SEASON FINALE - Abu Dhabi Grand Prix - Penalties
by Blackfox 19th May 2019, 11:59 pm

» rFR S16 - Rd. 10 - SEASON FINALE - Abu Dhabi Grand Prix - Incidents
by Blackfox 19th May 2019, 11:57 pm

» rFR GP S16 - 10 - Official RESULTS - Abu Dhabi GP (Yas Marina)
by Sexy Brigadeiro 19th May 2019, 7:14 pm

Discord Channel
Please, DONATE! =)
Visitors

Find us also on...
Season 5 - MOD (download) - Page 3 Vc7ltro6Season 5 - MOD (download) - Page 3 Gpefnxkg

You are not connected. Please login or register

Season 5 - MOD (download)

+11
Antonio Hreljanovic 1
Sven
Arek
lau
Alex Hill
Marius
Adrian S Shole
Grisu
cueballuk
Tomoz1123
Bober_Belarus
15 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down  Message [Page 3 of 5]

51Season 5 - MOD (download) - Page 3 Empty Re: Season 5 - MOD (download) 12th November 2013, 2:37 am

Adrian S Shole

Adrian S Shole

.MAS errors are usually caused by mod clashes.
The only way to fix it is by completely deleting the clashing mods or by installing a new, "clean" version of rFactor.

52Season 5 - MOD (download) - Page 3 Empty Re: Season 5 - MOD (download) 12th November 2013, 4:20 am

Grisu

Grisu

Adrian S Shole wrote:.MAS errors are usually caused by mod clashes.
The only way to fix it is by completely deleting the clashing mods or by installing a new, "clean" version of rFactor.
Adrian you started the wrong game. Cold and hot tyres are ctdp tyres, which means
1. You made something wrong with Sexys files. Or
2. You started Ctdp 1.2 instead of Ctdp rfr session 5 Wink

Anyway! I hope we're getting ride of those fsone tyres. The rear feels like paper and the front too. Pls go back to Ctdp Tyres!

Vote for ctdp tyres Cool

To have a normal Car which is stable Embarassed

53Season 5 - MOD (download) - Page 3 Empty Re: Season 5 - MOD (download) 12th November 2013, 4:26 am

Grisu is right about the installation issue, but Adrian was downloading the files again the last time we spoke and was going to perform a new test, so I hope it fixes his issue!

And the admins are already aware of the issues about the tyres and we're coming up with an alternative/solution to it, so don't worry.

We have 4 weeks until the season begins and the purpose of having the mod on the server right now is for us to test it and adjust it to be even better until the season starts - we may have a few 'patches' here and there, so pliss be patient and keep giving your feedback to the admins!

But also don't forget the mod is 'new' to most of us and we were all used to completely different mods, so it's natural that all of us need some time to get adapted to it and also some people will get adapted faster, other slower... it's all normal! Just keep practicing, everyone!
Smile

P.S. For those who already had CTDP original installed and just copied our .RAR file over...
On the mod selection screen, select THIS mod: CTDP 2006 - rFR League S5

Season 5 - MOD (download) - Page 3 Mod10

54Season 5 - MOD (download) - Page 3 Empty Re: Season 5 - MOD (download) 12th November 2013, 11:37 am

Alex Hill

Alex Hill

Sexy Brigadeiro wrote:In the .RAR file, you only have the files that are necessary for the mod to work - it work for everyone else - except for Alex, but he also did what Grisu did and it worked for him that way...
actually i installed the rFR file into my fsone 2009 RF folder as well (without original ctdp stuff) and it works without any problems so i guess the issue i had before all caused by other mods i have on my another folder Wink

55Season 5 - MOD (download) - Page 3 Empty Re: Season 5 - MOD (download) 12th November 2013, 2:07 pm

lau

Facehand so many problems with that mod.
why not changed ?
f1 1998 or 1992 or 2011 , 2012 is damn good mods.

i see that we have  more problems with cdtp , and sure  many drivers don't understud that mod.
it's just a opinion.  afro

56Season 5 - MOD (download) - Page 3 Empty Re: Season 5 - MOD (download) 12th November 2013, 3:51 pm

Glad you made it work like that, Alex, because that only shows the .RAR file is 100% ok.

It's a shame some people are still having trouble with it.

And lau, there's nothing wrong with the mod.
It's just a different mod from the one we were used to, so it will get some time for everyone to get adapted to it - some will do it faster, some slower... all natural.

The mod is on the server for us to test and adjust it, so it's really annoying that after only some minutes trying to play with it all you gotta do is complain, complain, complain...

But anyway... admins are working to improve the 'issues' we found so far, so don't worry.

57Season 5 - MOD (download) - Page 3 Empty Re: Season 5 - MOD (download) 12th November 2013, 4:36 pm

Marius

CTDP works perfectly. Just install rF Lite: Download here and then unrar the archive to your rF Lite main folder.

simple and easy

58Season 5 - MOD (download) - Page 3 Empty Re: Season 5 - MOD (download) 12th November 2013, 4:39 pm

See?

Even better!

Glad to know it works on rF Lite as well - thanks, Marius!

cheers

59Season 5 - MOD (download) - Page 3 Empty Re: Season 5 - MOD (download) 13th November 2013, 6:32 am

Grisu

Grisu

Has someone still problems? Or has everyone solved the bugs?

60Season 5 - MOD (download) - Page 3 Empty Re: Season 5 - MOD (download) 13th November 2013, 7:32 am

Tomoz1123

Tomoz1123

I still get the MAS error even with a freh install of BOTH the mod and rFactor head wall

61Season 5 - MOD (download) - Page 3 Empty Re: Season 5 - MOD (download) 13th November 2013, 10:04 am

Adrian S Shole

Adrian S Shole

Mine still crashes after loading the track. As Arek, cueball and Sexy found out the other day, it also crashes the entire server when I try to join.

Tomoz, does the original CTDP work for you?
It seems to work fine for me, so maybe the admins can consider reverting back to the original if it works for everyone (not to mention the apparent tyre problem)?

62Season 5 - MOD (download) - Page 3 Empty Re: Season 5 - MOD (download) 13th November 2013, 11:08 am

I made a fresh install of rFactor (lite) and then copied this RAR into it.

It worked fine with no problems (offline and online).

Anyone having problems must have something wrong at their end.

The 'tyre' problem is being fixed. The point of this release was to iron out problems and get feedback, and that's what's happening.

63Season 5 - MOD (download) - Page 3 Empty Re: Season 5 - MOD (download) 13th November 2013, 2:44 pm

Grisu

Grisu

So. I found out why Mas errors are happening. They said. Start the Ctdp mod with the launcher and not in rFactor. So do it please as they say and try to look if the Problem is fixed.

64Season 5 - MOD (download) - Page 3 Empty Re: Season 5 - MOD (download) 14th November 2013, 12:06 am

What .MAS error especifically, Tomoz?
What is the .MAS file?
Can you post a print screen of it?
Everyone (maybe except for Adrian) was able to fix the issue so far and I'm pretty sure the .RAR file is fine.
I don't know what could possibly be going wrong to you...
I'd suggest to you to ovewrite the files with the ones in the .RAR file again and again - sometimes they get 'corrupt' in rFactor and an overwrite from 'clean' files can solve the issue.
I also suggest you to download the .RAR file again, because maybe it got somehow corrupted during the download...

And Grisu, there's NO 'CTDP Launcher' on the .RAR file.

My advice for people with CTDP original already installed:

INSTALL THE .RAR FILE IN A DIFFERENT rFACTOR INSTALL.

But as we said many times before, it IS working fine for people making fresh rFactor installs (Full or Lite) and also for people who did NOT have the original CTDP installed on the same rF Install they tried to copy the .RAR files.

65Season 5 - MOD (download) - Page 3 Empty Re: Season 5 - MOD (download) 14th November 2013, 4:32 am

Grisu

Grisu

Everyone in google says that it has to do with the tyres. It's also a problem with tyres. Since Sexy changes the tyres anyway, It may solves the problem Automatically after the next Update for us. So be patience and keep waiting.

66Season 5 - MOD (download) - Page 3 Empty Re: Season 5 - MOD (download) 14th November 2013, 4:34 am

Grisu, check your PM box, pliss... I sent you the tyres patch already, 3 hours ago, for you to test and give me some feedback...

It's with CTDP original tyres..

67Season 5 - MOD (download) - Page 3 Empty Re: Season 5 - MOD (download) 14th November 2013, 4:35 am

Grisu

Grisu

Sexy Brigadeiro wrote:Grisu, check your PM box, pliss... I sent you the tyres patch already, 3 hours ago, for you to test and give me some feedback...

It's with CTDP original tyres..
I had to work until now so sorry Wink

68Season 5 - MOD (download) - Page 3 Empty Re: Season 5 - MOD (download) 14th November 2013, 4:37 am

It's ok.

But just to clarify...

The errors people are getting can NOT be related to the tyres or ANYthing in the .RAR file.
The .RAR file has (obviously) the SAME content to EVERYone, so... why it worked for 95% of the people and didn't work for 5% of them?

It's nothng wrong with the .RAR file.
It's some crazy issue on people's rF install(s) and/or in their computer or even Windows configs and etc...

Now test the tyres for me and give me some feedback when you can, pliss.

69Season 5 - MOD (download) - Page 3 Empty Re: Season 5 - MOD (download) 14th November 2013, 8:12 am

Adrian S Shole

Adrian S Shole

Okay so mine works both offline and online with the correct tyres and everything. Smile 

The problem I had with the game crashing was that some track configurations for vehicles didn't and still don't work. It's not a big deal, obviously it just makes the cars look different, but it's still a bug nonetheless. Sad

Can someone please test BMW Sauber Round 11 track configuration (yeap, the one with the vertical wings) and see if the game crashes? Mine does, but it works fine with pre and post season configs. 

Was this intended?
I've heard that this mod is very detailed so perhaps the track configurations actually do effect the setup and not just appearance? If that were the case, I understand if the rFR mod disables track configurations. Smile

70Season 5 - MOD (download) - Page 3 Empty Re: Season 5 - MOD (download) 14th November 2013, 12:57 pm

Adrian S Shole

Adrian S Shole

Another problem with the mod that Alex and I found out today; there's no SC! Crying or Very sad

71Season 5 - MOD (download) - Page 3 Empty Re: Season 5 - MOD (download) 14th November 2013, 3:57 pm

Grisu

Grisu

Adrian S Shole wrote:Another problem with the mod that Alex and I found out today; there's no SC! Crying or Very sad

72Season 5 - MOD (download) - Page 3 Empty Re: Season 5 - MOD (download) 14th November 2013, 4:43 pm

Adrian:

We removed ALL the extra skins to make the mod lighter for people to download it through the .RAR file (which also avoids a pretty complicated install/configuration from an .exe file, as the mod works originally).

It was all explained on the first post.

The original mod (after installed) is more than 3GB big... with the .RAR file (which is also the mod after being installed), this final size decreased to less than 1GB.

All the extra skins are also a waste of space, because 99% of them are just some very small changes on a few sponsors on the cars - but to do that, the mod makers needed to create a lot of new .DDS files... which made the mod 'super heavy' for just some very small changes...
I understand they tried to make it as realistic as possible and, of course they did a good job, but it's also not so practical when you want to use their mod in a league and everyone has to download and install it in their PCs - because not everyone has a super fast internet connection or physical space in their HDs to store huge mods - or PCs powerful enough to run the mod and all of its physical details on max, so... ALL of that effort to make a 'perfect looking' mod is not so 'necessary' in the end anyway (at least not for us)...

And with the removal of some skins, SOME of the Track Updates may not work perfectly right either - I couldn't find a way to solve that issue, but still I think removing all the extra skins was the right thing to do.
So, for drivers having issues with some specific Track Updates, I gently suggest you guys to try a different one - MOST of them work fine anyway, so I'm sorry if you were out of luck to pick one of the FEW that have some issue...

And yes, the mod has NO driveable SC, but... I don't think this is a problem...
Razz

73Season 5 - MOD (download) - Page 3 Empty Re: Season 5 - MOD (download) 14th November 2013, 5:03 pm

What does it change:

- Tyres (back to original CTDP tyres)
- McLaren cams (original by default)

About the tyres...

Previously, we were using an edited FSONE09 tyres version, but now we are using ORIGINAL CTDP 06 tyres - also edited by me (Sexy Brigadeiro).

Originally, there are 20 different tyre compounds, but the admins agreed i having only 3 tyre compounds (Soft, Medium and Hard) and then I renamed the original tyres '1-Hot', '5-Hot' and '10-Hot' to 'Soft', 'Medium' and 'Hot', respectively.

I did NOT edit/change ANYthing related to the tyres phisics.
The ONLY things I edited were how long each compound last and also how the grip decreases lap after lap - originally, the grip would fade almost completely in only a few laps. But now the grip decreases little by little, lap after lap. The result is that each tyre compound can produce good laps through their whole stint, until they blow (obviously, the grip gets pretty bad right before they blow).

The goal was to make the tyres work like this:

Hards - last about 20 laps (for example)
Meds - last about 15 laps (for example)
Softs - last about 10 laps (for example.

So, Hards last 2x what Softs do
Hards are also from 1.0 to 1.5 sec per lap slower than Softs.
Mediums are exactly a middle point between Hards and Softs, both about duration and performance.

Check the example and results below:
(tests made at Interlagos - same version used in Season 4 - with default/factory setup and with 101 L of gas - race fuel)

Season 5 - MOD (download) - Page 3 Hards10

Season 5 - MOD (download) - Page 3 Meds10

Season 5 - MOD (download) - Page 3 Softs10

Grisu is a driver who knows well the original CTDP mod and he approved the changes - he tested the tyres and gave the admins some feedback, so we know we did a good job here.

I hope it also pleases everyone!
cheers

Last edited by Sexy Brigadeiro on 14th November 2013, 6:50 pm; edited 1 time in total

74Season 5 - MOD (download) - Page 3 Empty Re: Season 5 - MOD (download) 14th November 2013, 5:42 pm

Tomoz1123

Tomoz1123

I get "Error loading multicar.MAS" head wall head wall head wall head wall

75Season 5 - MOD (download) - Page 3 Empty Re: Season 5 - MOD (download) 14th November 2013, 5:46 pm

Download the MOD and the patch (from the 1st post in this thread) again, mate...
And just overwrite the files again...

Do you have any original CTDP install there?
If so, try our mod in a different rF install...

Also try to install a fresh new rF install (Lite or Full) and then cope our MOD .RAR file and then our PATCH .RAR file to it...

ALSO...

When you're in game, try to pick a DIFFERENT car and also a DIFFERENT 'Track Configuration' from the UPGRADES tab at the car spinning menu...

I hope one of these tips work for you, Tomoz...

Back to top  Message [Page 3 of 5]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum