rFR - rFactor Racers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
rFR - rFactor Racers

Formula 1 Sim Racing League

- ANTONIO HRELJANOVIC is the new rFR Grand Prix series World Champion! - SEXY PET SHARK, with Antonio Hreljanovic and Gustavo Montenegro as drivers, has won the Constructors Title! -
Server Status

Latest topics

» Hello first simracing league that i participated in
by Ariff 29th March 2020, 7:15 pm

» rFR GP S16 - Championship Standings
by Sexy Brigadeiro 20th May 2019, 1:41 am

» rFR S16 - Rd. 10 - SEASON FINALE - Abu Dhabi Grand Prix - Penalties
by Blackfox 19th May 2019, 11:59 pm

» rFR S16 - Rd. 10 - SEASON FINALE - Abu Dhabi Grand Prix - Incidents
by Blackfox 19th May 2019, 11:57 pm

» rFR GP S16 - 10 - Official RESULTS - Abu Dhabi GP (Yas Marina)
by Sexy Brigadeiro 19th May 2019, 7:14 pm

Discord Channel
Please, DONATE! =)
Visitors

Find us also on...
01 - China GP (Shanghai) - Event Thread - Page 2 Vc7ltro601 - China GP (Shanghai) - Event Thread - Page 2 Gpefnxkg

You are not connected. Please login or register

01 - China GP (Shanghai) - Event Thread

+13
Alaster
Juan Caires
ChardAllen
crystakke
denreus
Gotze0223
Arek
Blackfox
Joe McLaggen
GeorgeRatchis
Sven
wez19
MPHJr
17 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Adrian S Shole

Adrian S Shole

Obviously a great start to the season.
Unlike other seasons, over the winter we spent a lot of time developing the car for race pace and it seemed to have paid off.
Despite getting pole, I was two tenths off and I don't know where that time went missing. Kudos to Joe, Tony, Tom and others who I didn't notice, who, technically speaking, qualified better than me by matching or being closer to their PBs than I was.

The race was well rehearsed so it was pretty straight forward, but because I was busy providing information to Tony, I forgot to take my second pit stop and had to coast an entire lap as to not run out of fuel. This kind of played out in Tony's hands because I came out just behind Joe and would have cost him some time as we fought for the lead.
Tony had some issues today with double downshifts, but like Mercedes in Malaysia, the pace of others was a wake up call. I'll be working with Tony on improving our setup to his driving style to hopefully make his life a little easier in the future. 

From what I've seen, the mod is very sensitive to tracks and setup changes. I don't expect many repeats of our result (we'd need 4 weeks of testing before each race), so bring on the great battles that FSONE always seems to deliver.

2701 - China GP (Shanghai) - Event Thread - Page 2 Empty Re: 01 - China GP (Shanghai) - Event Thread 13th April 2015, 12:01 pm

Antonio Hreljanovic 1

Antonio Hreljanovic 1

First of all congratulations to Adrian for win and Joe for podium.
My qualifying was good. Couldve been better in last attempt I was fastest in first two sectors which would end up being 31.1 time with my last sector from previous laps but I messed it all up in last sector somehow.

Race was good I overtook Joe in t1 on lap 2 and after that I was driving alone most of the time. Lap 6 I think I got first of double downshifts in last corner and spun out losing some time which could have costed me 2nd place in the end. Later I got some more double downshifts but managed to control them with steadier driving. In last laps I was fighting with Joe for 2nd place which was nice. I got some internet problems probably too because cars were disappearing from time to time. Im happy with result for the team and I hope we can keep on in next races although as Adrian said much work is needed to do that.

Joe McLaggen

Joe McLaggen
LAT
LAT

Well, the first race of the season and qualifying was interesting. Already times are very tight between drivers.

Qualifying was nice, I knew it would be hard to beat the Renault guys, but in the end i felt happy when by the end of qualy session I saw I got to split their formation, so whatever that show we can be there is a good motivation for the team.

The race was exciting (I started with a wheel spin despite the launch control which i thought for a second would end up with me facing the grid backwards but managed to control it), especially the first laps when cars go closer together and some battles between guys going on hard or softer compounds come up to fight for position. In this case i had some nice fights starting with Tony. He seemed to be on soft tyres so It was pointless for me to wear my tyres off more than neccesary holding him. Tom appeared too with all the power of his soft tyres and I couldn't do much about it either. Then I saw Arek coming fast too, decided to chase Tom which was gonna be good to me. Because I knew them both fighting would allow me to keep close to increase my chances of attacking in the right moment. After that I had some nice battles with Sven who caught me on the final laps of my first stint when I was saving tyres to be able to make it Razz However it was cool because FSONE mod allows to have close fights and tight ones like on the hairpin at the end of the long straight of the China GP which make the races a lot enjoyable.
My teammate Sexy was also doing a nice race, with a consistent and strong pace despite the incident we had in the pitbox.
This season I think we both have chances for podium and score many many points. So all in all is good to see the team is strong and feels motivated.

Congrats to Adrian for the win and to Tony for the second place!

Looking forward to the next GP and I'm sure the Team will come back strong for the Bahrain GP looking for more! Wink The EXHAUSTIVE pre-season training McLaren had, HAS to pay off Razz

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum